Colossus

Adam J

Remember though, alot of the incidents on Intamin rides are the faults of the parks of where the incident happened, rather than the ride it self. If your not secured in any ride properly you will have problems, be it a Intamin or another manufacture.

With the case of people flung out of seats, regardless of parks dodgy operations, that should never have happened. On Superman, how did a system let a guy who according to the rides own safety restriction, able to be dispatched. How have both of the Intamin super-soakers managed to kill people and yet all other manfacturers (Mack, Zamperla, Hopkins) have never had a single death on their large water rides. How were these rides able to be dispatched and considered safe.B&M Hyper coasters have their minimal restraint systems and have never caused a single death (at least.. so far after 13 years of them). Intamin on the other hand have had to over-compensate for their minimal restraint systems on every ride since Storm Runner. I think that says a lot more about the company then the high amount of incidents/accidents they have had in the last ten years.

With the case of people flung out of seats, regardless of parks dodgy operations, that should never have happened. On Superman, how did a system let a guy who according to the rides own safety restriction, able to be dispatched.

I'm not sure what incident you mean, I thought a guy was flung from a ride because he was over the weight / size restriction?

How have both of the Intamin super-soakers managed to kill people and yet all other manfacturers (Mack, Zamperla, Hopkins) have never had a single death on their large water rides. How were these rides able to be dispatched and considered safe.

I thought that the Hydro incident in particular was due to her not being in the seat correctly, since then operations have changed at the ride?

B&M Hyper coasters have their minimal restraint systems and have never caused a single death (at least.. so far after 13 years of them). Intamin on the other hand have had to over-compensate for their minimal restraint systems on every ride since Storm Runner. I think that says a lot more about the company then the high amount of incidents/accidents they have had in the last ten years.

Never rode a B&M with a minimal restraint system personally. The Intamin rides pass the same safety tests as the B&M's, if run properly they are as safe as eachother.

1. Yep, both of the flinging out of seat incidents on the Superman rides.2. I'm not just referring to Hydro's accident, I'm also talking about the Perilous Plunge incident. Ignoring the perilous boat coming off the ride circuit, both of their supersoakers killing people does make me wonder just how safe these Intamin rides are.3. Intamin may be passing the same safety tests that the B&M's are but then the B&M's aren't injuring/killing people. Are we seriously saying that so many parks are running their Intamin rides badly and on that note that all parks with B&M rides are running their rides properly.You tell me..

Colossus is a world record holder for the most inversions in one rollercoaster, but do you think that that will be broken in the near future or soon enough? Is there a limit as to how many inversions a rollercoaster could have before it became so slow it wouldnt reach the station? Is that even possible?

Well I know Intamin can do a 12 looper, as they are advertising it on their site. Wether someone has bought one or not is another matter. I love this quote for the multi looper coaster e.g. Colossus

By carefully selecting the sequence and style of inversions with the emphasis on smooth transitions and heart-line rolls, this coaster will be less stressful for the passengers than many coasters with fewer inversions.

Nemesis Inferno anyone? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem that the park are putting alot more effort in to Fright Nights this year.

I was so impressed by the park-wide lighting effects. The majority of green lights look good, although I'd like to see some more reds / neon blues around. I don't know if anyone can related to this, but there are some nice blue colored lights in the Colossus queue to the right of the bridge under the trees next to the lake. I would love to see some more of this light colour around the park.

I was so impressed by the park-wide lighting effects. The majority of green lights look good, although I'd like to see some more reds / neon blues around. I don't know if anyone can related to this, but there are some nice blue colored lights in the Colossus queue to the right of the bridge under the trees next to the lake. I would love to see some more of this light colour around the park.

I saw those, they did look very good, although I do think the green lighting gives out a very spooky atmosphere.