Colossus

Adam J

• 4 months later...

I know I keep resurrecting old threads, but I just want to give my opinions on all of the rides.:)I really love Colossus. I think it's fantastic. Personally, I have never noticed the roughness at all. I love the view from the top and the first drop has a surprising amount of airtime. Another highlight for me is the airtime hill about 1/3 of the way into the ride. Lots of airtime to be had there too.I actually don't mind the 'uncreative' use of barrel rolls as I really like the sensation of repeatedly rolling. It's bizarre. The rest of the loops are decent as well.It's not a smooth as NI but it's always gonna be one of my favourite rides in the park.

I know I keep resurrecting old threads, but I just want to give my opinions on all of the rides.:PI really love Colossus. I think it's fantastic. Personally, I have never noticed the roughness at all. I love the view from the top and the first drop has a surprising amount of airtime. Another highlight for me is the airtime hill about 1/3 of the way into the ride. Lots of airtime to be had there too.I actually don't mind the 'uncreative' use of barrel rolls as I really like the sensation of repeatedly rolling. It's bizarre. The rest of the loops are decent as well.It's not a smooth as NI but it's always gonna be one of my favourite rides in the park.

I am glad I am not the only one who does not notice the roughness of Colossus!Colossus has to be my favourite ride at Thorpe Park easily!I don't think the cobra rolls are uncreative at all! They are amazing! :P

I am glad I am not the only one who does not notice the roughness of Colossus!Colossus has to be my favourite ride at Thorpe Park easily!I don't think the cobra? heartline* rolls are uncreative at all! They are amazing! :P

did you mean heartline ^?+ yeah withought them Colossus would be so much less erm... iconic :D And they are rather enjoyable.. Makes the ride IMO :D

The intensity of the ride always disappears at about the third barrel roll. They are just weird instead of thrilling, unlike the rest of the ride. It is a bit silly that they took another rollercoaster's layout and added two extra barrel rolls to break the record. It really does show.:PHowever, it is still a pretty good ride. I wish the tunnels and the station were actually themed, though. So much potential not being used!:D

The intensity of the ride always disappears at about the third barrel roll. They are just weird instead of thrilling, unlike the rest of the ride. It is a bit silly that they took another rollercoaster's layout and added two extra barrel rolls to break the record. It really does show.:P

If you didn't know about the 8 looping versions, would you say that its obvious (and that it shows) where Colossus came from?

Good point, I am sure the everyday person would not think of that, however the constant barrel rolls are obviously only there to break the record and do not offer too much thrill. The final inversion before the station is quite good, however, as the train ends up quite close to the ground before going into the brake run.Also, yes that was the ride I was referring to. It could be considered that they cheated with Colossus' layout, but by being able to say that it was a record breaking ride put Thorpe Park on the map for the first time. Colossus' opening was a sign that the theme park was taking a change in direction.