Colossus

Adam J

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what train I was in, but the ride was awful!Earlier on in the day we sat front seats, the ride was amazing.Later on in the day, we sat on the 2nd row and it was agony! No one that came off that ride enjoyed it, all you heard was 'I didnt enjoy that one bit','that was painful', 'my ears are red raw' :(I rarely sit away from the front seats, and that just put me off completely :)

• 1 month later...

Anyone else ever get really bad leg cramp on this? Just as you start going through the inlines right through to the brake run, where it gets worse! The trains are so horrible and cramped but I love the ride...

Yup. Its one things that puts B&M and Mack above intamin as I seem to get leg cramp on a lot of Intamin rides.

I've always found the opposite. I have long legs as well, but always go for the back of each car. The floor in the back is flat, which means I can actually extend my legs out if I wanted to, however the floor in the front of each car is tilted upwards which means I can't move my feet at all once I'm pinned in,

Being disabled I don't get to choose where I sit. One day I'll go to TP and there will be no queues, and I will sit on the front of every ride :blink: They always make me sit second to last car (which is rough as hell, but it's not as bad if you keep your head back) sometimes in the front seats and somtimes in the back... I get cramp on both.

Colossus nearly always has the biggest queue whenever I visit, you can't really blame the staff for this, but one of the trains sometimes is waiting in the station for the other train to be on the breaks so they can dispatch. Maybe if it had an MCBR so it could have 3 trains, then it would have been better for loading times. I agree that it is getting a bit rough and noisy now, but it is only 8 years old and could do with a repaint.

As I've said on a couple of posts this morning Me and My partner paid our first ever visit to Thorpe on Sat. I really wanted to go on Colossus. Got in a queue with a 60 minute wait time and after 55 minutes was told the ride was broken. I was slightly miffed but the fast pass was handy and we got on Stealth in 5 minutes. Anyway at about 6pm we walked towards the Saw Maze(so lame) we noticed the queue wasn't in that wooded area, despite the sign saying there was a 70 minute wait, we ran back round and through the queue area and got on in 20 mins, yay! Now I'm a big guy and it was the only ride that I found a squeeze. I managed to lock the restraint though and off we went- I loved it. Bit rough but hey I didn't care. And no its no Dragon Khan ( my personal all time fave ride) but its good.EEE

As I've said on a couple of posts this morning Me and My partner paid our first ever visit to Thorpe on Sat. I really wanted to go on Colossus. Got in a queue with a 60 minute wait time and after 55 minutes was told the ride was broken. I was slightly miffed but the fast pass was handy and we got on Stealth in 5 minutes.

You should have waited! me and my friend happened to walk past a little while after the queue got emptied and they had just tested it and re-opened it! we queued 5 mins for front seats ;) This was also on saturday by the way :D

Being disabled I don't get to choose where I sit. One day I'll go to TP and there will be no queues, and I will sit on the front of every ride :lol: They always make me sit second to last car (which is rough as hell, but it's not as bad if you keep your head back) sometimes in the front seats and somtimes in the back... I get cramp on both.

I can understand your point, but there is a reason why they do this. If the ride stopped for whatever reason on the lift hill or brake run, they evacuate from the back of the train first. And the steps on the hill and platform on the brake run are on the right hand side, hence why the disabled seat is on the right hand side :lol:However the disabled seat is the front right, and you said you sometimes get put in the back one. I know you said you get cramp in both but the front has more room, making it more comfortable, and they should be following procedure and putting you in the correct seat! Next time they put you in the back one, tell them you need the leg space of the front seat. If they for whatever reason continue not to follow the procedure, make note of the staff member's name, go to Guest Services, they will hopefully pass it onto the rides managers/TLs, who will hopefully have a word with the n00b responsible. Hate to dob people in but if they're not doing their job properly...

Question for you Micheala?I would have thought they would only evacuate the guests at the back of the train first if they were disabled. The reason I ask is that there is a video on youtube (I'm in a rush so can't go and find it) of a train which has been evacuated from the back at the top of a lift hill and because they had started from the back, the train was front heavy and started moving.Could you shed some light?

Hmm interesting point!Well I do know one thing...if I remember correctly, when trained on Colossus they said that if the train is at the very top, like coming off the lift hill, they call emergency services, probably to avoid what you described in that video!Otherwise, if it is entirely on the lift hill, it shouldn't move anywhere! :lol: