Colossus

Adam J

Ahhh Colossus! My fav coaster by far! :blink: Amazing layout! Unique and wonderful theme, amazing soundtrack and interacts with guests and ground very well!Maybe it is a little on the rough sides now a days however its nowhere near as rough as other coasters I have been on - most Vekoma coasters ;-)Colossus has such a magical theme that I feel is unnoticed by lots of peopleColossus is amazing!

Ahhh Colossus! My fav coaster by far! :( Amazing layout! Unique and wonderful theme, amazing soundtrack and interacts with guests and ground very well!Maybe it is a little on the rough sides now a days however its nowhere near as rough as other coasters I have been on - most Vekoma coasters ;-)Colossus has such a magical theme that I feel is unnoticed by lots of peopleColossus is amazing!

Agree with you totally. For me, Colossus is still Thorpe's most iconic coaster. Brilliant atmosphere around it and everything just compliments each other. All it needs is some lovin' (perhaps some new trains) and it'd be right back up there on the popularity scale with enthusiasts. :blink:

Was only running on one train yesterday morning (if not all day - only went on once), making the queue 2 hours at times. Not sure exactly why but I guess there must have been some reason 'cos it's the only time I've seen it with just one train.

Random yesterday it didnt make it past a 20 minute queue, though it was on two trains but that would only make it a 40/45 minute queue :blush:

Random yesterday it didnt make it past a 20 minute queue, though it was on two trains but that would only make it a 40/45 minute queue :blush:

Wouldn't it be longer than double the time if it is one train because when on two train operation the other car is loading whilst the other is on the track meaning once the first train is back at the break run the second one is just about to be dispatched. But when on one train you have to wait for it to come all the way back before loading again. So wouldn't one train operation be around three times the time of two train operation. (Sorry if this makes no sense)

Yeah it was 45 minutes-ish when we went on - we got in the queue around 10.30 I think, but by about 12 the queue time was being advertised as 2 hours. Whether or not that was accurate is a different matter, of course.And I dunno exactly how much longer it makes it but when they made an announcement to say that only one train was running, they said it'd be roughly doubled. I think the queue was just after the second tunnel (under the first corkscrew I think) which is usually around 20 mins(?) so maybe just over doubled.

Oh my God fright nights will destory Colossus because the entrance is right next to the Saw area and next to the entrance of hellgate! I have a feeling besides Saw Colossus will have an excess of 150minutes!! what do you think?

Quite the little alarmist aren't you. Yes it probably will be near 2 hours long on some days but in the past it was like that anyway so its just following suit.

Stop clogging up the forum!Colossus is I feel the most uncomfortable ride in the park not so much the ride itelf but the restraints can make it rather painful especially through the slow twists!I have serious doubts about Colossus being able to cope with the levels of people because if there is any ride that will not get any sort of let down for 12 hours it will be Colossus Just like th13teen and rita are at alton currently!

Why does it bother you out of interest?At fright Nights, every single ride there will not have any set of let down for the whole 12 hours. It's like that for every single day of the season anyway...

Oh my God fright nights will destory Colossus because the entrance is right next to the Saw area and next to the entrance of hellgate! I have a feeling besides Saw Colossus will have an excess of 150minutes!! what do you think?

Colossus has always suffered longer queues the past two years due to Saw. Having Hellgate won't matter due to the other mazes. It'll be just as long as any other busy time of the year.And I can see a similar thing happening to Stealth / Inferno in 2012...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Monte Makaya is defunct!For those not in the know, Monte Makaya is the 8 looping coaster design that Colossus was based on. Obviously, Colossus was slightly modified to fit in the extra two inversions. The park had a fatal accident on a different rollercoaster and the park was closed down. (So no, not Intamin related fluffs ;) )Posted Image