Music

Phill

If they ever get back together :(

Hey, if Fall Out Boy can do it then so can Sum 41, just for me :P

Just seen on the ever-trustable wikipedia:

On June 3, 2013, the band revealed that they were going back to the studio to work on their new album, with Whibley saying that "It will be an evolution from our last album. It will be dark, and there will be more instruments added." Their follow up album will be the band's second collaboration as a trio and first with Whibley and McCaslin as the only two bandmates from their original release left.

How exciting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard ROAR by katy perry from the leak, very dissapointed, there's no progression, no darkness, no real difference from Teenage dream, it just sounds like a cast of, firework 2.0 and it sounds exactly the same as Sara Bareiles brave!

I've heard a snippet of applause and I liked what I heard, sounded as I expected, though I do prefer burqa even the demo

People are complaining that Katy perry's Roar sounds very similar to Sara Bareilles's Brave, what dyou you guys think?

Plus here is Lady Gaga's new single Applause from album ArtPop.

I agree that there are some similarities between Roar and Brave. I like Gaga's new single. All her songs have been different: Just Dance was dance-pop, whereas Bad Romance was more industrial-sounding, electro-pop. Born This Way very upbeat and pop-sounding.

With Applause, it sounds like a old, retro video game mixed with a modern dance sound. I think the verses are a 'hit or miss'. Some people will like them and some people will find that it grates on them, and they remind me of the Jamaican Patois, the way she delivered the verses in Judas. The chorus is radio-friendly and it's a fun, pop song. If she didn't do a fun pop song, people would've condemned her for being pretentious or too serious, like Born This Way.

So Katy Perry's 'Roar' is better than GaGa's 'Applause'.

I feel I have really made a difference to other people's opinions by comparing these two artists.

Bt srsly Katy's is bettr.

SOME THINKING TIME L8ER

Also, wow, 'Brave' is a great song. Such a great back-story to it as well. You can really hear Jack Antonoff's (drummer in Fun.) influence on the track's production.

And finally, this song is certified excellence. I always prefered The Naked & Famous when they did shimmering electropop like 'Punching In A Dream', 'Young Blood' and 'Girls Like You'. This is the lead single from their new album and its a corker.

So Katy Perry's 'Roar' is better than GaGa's 'Applause'.

I feel I have really made a difference to other people's opinions by comparing these two artists.

Bt srsly Katy's is bettr.

Are you actually kidding? At least Gaga shows some progression and takes a different sound with her NEW music, katy perrys Roar sounds like an offcut from teenage dream, so much for the dark mature sound, it's just as teeny bop pop as teenage dream singles.