Rant

Theme Park bloke

• 1 month later...

This was mentioned in the This or That Topic, but it's soooo annoying so I thought I'd give it a mention in the place where it belongs. A Rant Topic!Does it not annoy you so much when adverts try to sell you something they claim to be in a sale, and state that it's ''under £500'', when it costs £499.99? Or, ''now half price, down from £49.99'', when it's new price is something like £27.99? Errr... THAT'S NOT HALF PRICE! [/exploding temper]OMG it ticks me off so much it is actually unreal...

That dont annoy me at all, its all common sense.Also its great to read small print, especially in certain telly adverts. It says something like a sofa is currently half price, it'll mention that it was this expensive for 8 weeks before.. but some adverts in the smallprint also say that after the "sale", the sofa will be cheaper. Its fantastic!

I hate all that small text on the TV. You hardly get 5 seconds to read a paragraph when you are trying to focus on what they are selling. It is fine on posers, papers, etc. but on the TV it is just plain annoying.I just think it is stupid when I see that 'Under £500, only £499.99' thing. Yeah, it is there to lure stupid people into thinking they are getting a good deal, but it is just ultra annoying.I now also am, you could say, temporarily banned from Tesco Addlestone for "being over-agressive with a member of staff". I complained after buying a 6 pack of crisps that had the wrong flavours in them - and were out of date. I said it was mis-representation, bunch of rubbish, are you trying to kill me (over emphasise or what!?) etc. I got slightly angry with the member of the staff - well he was a 19 year old odd chav who was stupid and not very helpful - and started raising my voice. The manager said that I was being over-aggresive to him and blaming him when he had done nothing wrong, so he said I would get a refund for the crisps and suggested I shouldn't return to the store until after the new year. So I see that as a temporary ban. :D [/rant]

Learn from it then :D By being nice, and reasonable, you often get a much better deal out of complaining - and even if you don't, at least you know you didn't lose it :DMy rant!Thank you for ordering with www.play.comPlease check the following order information:Order Reference(s) : 158064513Item : Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy: Curse Of The Black Pearl / Dead Man's Chest / At World's EndPrice : GBP 10.99Woo Hoo, until ...Dear Customer, We are writing to inform you that your recent order for the Pirates Of The Carribbean Trilogy Curse of the Black Pearl Dead Man Chest At World End was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with this item at the incorrectly advertised price and your order has been cancelled. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of #43.99 please use the link below: I phoned them, they started quoting me their terms and conditions.... So I quoted theirs which say that it is MY option to cancel the order and that THEY had cancelled it as per the email above. They wouldn't budge - so no POTC blu ray for me ... yet.:D

Another day, another day...I see in the last couple of days the McCanns have releaed yet more photos and videos of Madeline, and are reminding us all not to forget that she is still missing. It's been just over 600 days now since she went missing, and since then, to this day, the McCanns still still believe they'll find Madeline alive. Although they have been cleared of having no involvement in her disappearance, do Gerry and Kate really still believe she'll turn up alive?I'm sorry to say that I don't think she will. It's been over 18 months - where has she been all that time, and how has she survived? Last Christmas I could understand Gerry and Kate still believing, but now, I do think that they're living in a dreamworld.I mean no disrespect for the McCanns, however, it's what I think.

She could be surviving in a home somewhere... Sightings have been made, and IMO I think she is still alive, but whether they'll find her or not is another thing.The thing I'm gonna rant about: TPM Forum.Here, you can't have any idea or concept without it being slagged off by unfriendly mods etc. You can't have a suggestion for anything without it being uber-realistic [boring].I thought this was a forum where people could share their ideas on rollercoasters and the entertainment industry, but all it seems to be is a bunch of people who all think the same thing, which means that there is practically no interesting, and diverse conversation going on around here.The constant 'in-jokes' are all well and good, but they make it near-impossible for newbies to join and interact with others.

Another day, another day...I see in the last couple of days the McCanns have releaed yet more photos and videos of Madeline, and are reminding us all not to forget that she is still missing. It's been just over 600 days now since she went missing, and since then, to this day, the McCanns still still believe they'll find Madeline alive. Although they have been cleared of having no involvement in her disappearance, do Gerry and Kate really still believe she'll turn up alive?I'm sorry to say that I don't think she will. It's been over 18 months - where has she been all that time, and how has she survived? Last Christmas I could understand Gerry and Kate still believing, but now, I do think that they're living in a dreamworld.I mean no disrespect for the McCanns, however, it's what I think.

If you lose a child in whatever circumstances and they dont ever come back, dont you just think that in the back of your mind you'd believe/hope your child is still alive and well?However, its annoying to see these adverts etc, because none of us can help and if there are ones who can, have chosen not to.. so its just a waste of moneys.

Rant://I love TPM. There are many "intelligent" conversations about why this happens and what that happens. Then there are conversations that "I love" about why rides break down and how people think that the ride staff of that respective park (and ride) are on purposely trying to not have that ride up and running and in turn annoy the public.I also love TPM for the fact that some of the younger generation on the forums have no vague idea of how we seem to know sooooooo much about the rides even though we have said for f* long that we work at/or know ppl who work at the park. In addition, I never get tired of watching people read about something and it goes through one ear and out the other.I love the fact that me and others have to keep telling people that there is no favoritism or sexism and that people can have their say and say what they want as long as it is within reason and is phrased in the proper and appropiate way. And you would honestly and seriously think for one god damn second that people on here would realised that everyone is treated in the same way as others.Maybe if oh...let me think if someone were to evaluate the way phrased their posts and were to think about it and if its relevant and if its appropiate before posting maybe JUST maybe they'd be taken a bit more seriously and with an ounce more respect. I used to be a tad bit bad but this is worse.*This post was made with 10% brain power and an sprig of sarcasm. Enjoy!Carlsberg don't make rant posts but if they did, they would be the best in the world.----------Yeh, I understand what you say (Peter) and anyone here if they saw her (the real her) they'd report it. But finding Maddy is like doing an adult version of Where's Wally but this time with 100% more content. I mean trying finding a lost child in somewhere like China, you might've as well give up. With that said, finding a child which could be anyway in the world with many girls that look like her. Reference to girl found that looked near-identical but however not.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't stand people when they use you're when they mean your or your when they mean you're and don't get possesives and use apostrophes when they want to use a plural.I'm not aiming that at anyone on this forum, it bugs me in life generally. ;)EDIT: Actually I lie, it's on this forum aswell it is very annoying. Ta!

Gah really pissed off with waitrose at the moment! A blanket overtime ban has been put into effect, meaning I can only work my contracted hours (which are stupid stupid things), and therefore I can barely afford rent let alone bloody living expenses each month.Worst still, is that my dept is understaffed anyway, and they're wanting people from checkouts cross-trained to do what I can do a thousand times better due to more indepth training. Just to save a fiver or so per hour, but losing out on the customer service and product knowledge, and pissing off a few of their highly valuable flexible staff, which can do *everything* in their departments! GAH!

Gah really pissed off with waitrose at the moment! A blanket overtime ban has been put into effect, meaning I can only work my contracted hours (which are stupid stupid things), and therefore I can barely afford rent let alone bloody living expenses each month.

I think you'll find that this is happening with a lot of companies, it's becoming common practice. And it's nothing to do with the state of the climate.