Chessington Howl'o'ween

Halloween for me is always the most exciting part of the UK themepark season for me, and this just makes me even more happy!

Curse Of The Tomb sounds a very exciting addition (as another much needed park addition), maybe it will link in to the 'potential' Tomb retheme for next year.

Trick Or Treat woods sounds is an interesting one, especially how it came out of nowhere and sounds like another exciting addition.

In terms of where they will be positioned, I expect Tomb will be where the Krypt was when it was around and Trick or Treat Woods will go where that Christmas trail was (as I can't think of any other forested/open space areas in the park).

We know Haunting In The Hollows will be back I'm certain Mystery Of a Hocus Pocus will be too (especially with all the money & effort spent when it opened) and think it's still got several years at the park.

With 8pm closings hopefully, this could be the best Halloween event at the park yet.

Merlin seem to be really pulling the stops at their parks for Halloween this year (though I expect a quieter year for Fright Nights though in comparison).

Curse of the Lost Tomb has a higher age guidance than Haunting... Maybe we're in for something a little more fun this time! Wheeee!

Hocus is most certainly missing from the line up, it is totally ignored on the website, which I find strange, as it was the most popular last year. Although, both shows are also missing, so maybe they're saving a few details for now, though I doubt it.

As bad a TMOHPH was last year, it would be a massive shame to lose that amazing soundtrack so early on. Maybe they're thinking of ways to sort it up for this year, either that or Treat in the Woods is in it's place. Though by the sounds of it, I would imagine that to go in the Christmas grotto area.

The immersion and theatrical side to the Chessington Halloween attractions is what makes them so good. You don't need gore, just a jump scare which is emphasised completely by the fact your mind is taken off of it with a surreal storyline that you're part of. I also love the lighting at Chessington and hope the same teams are still responsible this year as it really makes the event for me, and to an extent leaves me disappointed with Thorpe and Towers!

Mystery is not coming back apparently because they thought it was too much work to reinstall. The new one is going in the events marquee.

Words don't describe my disappointment. Never got to experience it (very nearly did once), but it looked and sounded so good and breaks my heart I'll never get to hear the full raw soundtrack,ever.

Why does the Tomb logo look like it has been designed by a teenager on cooltext.com or whatever that site used to be? Also why does it have Japanese/Chinese characters around the edge?

Still...could be alright and at least they won't be forced to use the black container like the Krypt had to....and that stupid Gorilla head! And maybe they've sorted out the water leak problems in the marquee too...

It suffered last year after the original creators left. The replacement didn't have the know how, or experience to set triggered scenes (hence why it just looped one track, rather than the individual show scene tracks and programned show lighting).

It's a shame as it was a fantastic attraction with detail and character. To be too much work for the entertainment team shows they're obviously struggling. While entertainments added the lighting, the theming install was given to studios last year for that reason. I bet the tomb attraction in the marquee isn't even something they're dealing with much, external company all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Never too early to advertise for Halloween events in my opinion.  Didn't the Scarefest hearse appear at like the beginning of August last season?

Just a shame they decided to put it on the Market Square compass, which is arguably the coolest thing Chessington have added in the past couple of years.

ScareTour have been able to confirm that Vampire:  Haunting of the Hollows is not returning to this year's line up, with Curse of the Lost Tomb and Trick or Treat Wood being the only 2 Halloween attractions this year - http://www.chessington.com/halloween/

Disappointing; never got to try out HotH and did want to, but never had the chance / couldn't be bothered to make the effort.