Chessington Howl'o'ween

• 2 weeks later...

What choices? It wasn't like that last year when I went! I just wish it had more pathways, so it was more like Cabin in the Woods where you had different routes!

That line has always been in the description. It was written before VAMPIRE: HitH had been made. The ex-Entertainment Manager didn't really know the space/how it would work and the blurb had to be given much earlier on. Later the choice came to mean the option to turn back during the first section.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an update on the parks Halloween offering..

http://www.themeparks-uk.com/chessington-world-of-adventures-guide/events/chessington-halloween.html

Great to see Hocus Pocus returning! I can't wait to see all that awesome Projection mapping again. The first scene and the opening of the vault door was very well done.

The whole attraction was epic, that standard was never seen before at Chessington! Sadly though I've heard that the projection mapping is not returning along with a lot of other technical improvements made last year :-( not sure what's going on but Madagascar tech is dreadful this year too. Seems the whole department has had huge failings this year.

the green net isn't very nice on the eyes is it? lol I always find the yellow tape all over the Madagascar stage this year ugly too, what happened to the jungle green colour from previous years? Two very easy to fix, but forgotten standards :rolleyes:

I think the green netting, if done properly can cover a barrier quite well. Better than a barrier by itself anyway. I don't know the tape you're talking about but if it is on the floor of the stage it is probably for visual cues for the performers. Poor visibility + steps = danger.

You know I agree with your second point but your first point I don't as much. The netting looks ghastly. I've always been one for if you're going to do something, do it properly, rather then do it ok maybe and leave it. Honestly if you're going to try and dress something up at least try and make it more visually appealing then a bunch of leaves thrown over half a barrier stuck together. The uniformed fence by itself looks better.

Didn't they use higher fences in the past as well?I feel like they were definitely taller then me last year. 

When I was there the Stables were surrounded by Heras Panel fencing during the set up stages and once constructed they came down.

I always argued for covering the barriers - I think it ruins the atmosphere at Thorpe and covering them is a fairly cheap and versatile solution (specific covers will only be usable for the life of the specific attraction). 

^ The tape on the stage which is for the performers visual cues etc used to be green. I know it seems silly, but green suited a jungle theme, the yellow is clearly someone saying 'well we got this stuff, let's just shove that down' = not a good standard as previous years.

The whole stage looks really tatty now on it's 3rd year, look forward to the blatant penguins of Madagascar tie in next season!

'Twas red the first year. Perhaps the green just wasn't as visible? I know the performers always used to struggle with the red especially in Gloria who has all of the visibility of their own feet and about half a foot in front of that. But you're probably right it is more likely to be "because we've got it". Chessington never used to spend money on the Ents department even if it would have made all the difference.

Every time Halloween rolls around I thank jebus I'm not doing those crazy hours still.

It'll be weird not seeing the show but it was only a matter of time. 10 + performers is expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if whatever show happens next year has a much smaller cast.