Chessington Howl'o'ween

Zufari, Skyway, toadies, Jumbos, Canopy Capers & the zoo close at dusk (based on previous years).

Everything else should be open, including all coasters, water, flat & dark rides (hoping Rattles is finally open (whys it been closed so long in the first place?)).

Rides that close at dusk are generally either to do with insufficient lighting or added complications in the off chance of an evac I believe.

Rattlesnake is closed because Merlin have upped their procedures regarding manual operation. It's causing issues with the ride because it's so old that the operator actually has a fair bit of control...

And mostly because they've realised that the current levels of evacuation aren't actually up to the right standard...

Don't know if they have the budget for catwalks on the final brake run...

• 4 weeks later...

yeah I seen that, I am hoping it is a good replacement of the vampire haunting one... as I absolutely loved that, and it was genuinely terrifying in places, fitted very well as a bridge the gap between that and thorpes gory horror mazes.

Also gutted that the amazing version of hocus pocus from the least couple of years isn't returning... I wonder if it will go back to the hocus pocus hall it was in previous halloweens, the same as the basic hocus pocus with glasses, just with some actors in the different scenes? although I swear that was advertised as an attraction previously... so would be a poor show if they didn't have a few actors in it...

Hocus Pocus Hall Bewitched is not returning, nor is The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall either.

Both were created and operated in house, as was The Vampire Hollows, plus the Matket Square shows/Boo etc.

It's obviously far easier for the park to get Scruffy Dog to do their only maze, so they can concentrate on their ONE attraction, Trick or Treat Wood.

I'm looking forward to see how it pans out, as sacrificing the 2 mazes and a market square show, means they can put all that energy and resources on the only in house attraction. How could it fail..

• 2 weeks later...

They're not concentrating any of their resources really, as the Curse is being built by an external studio. The same that did Big Top at Thorpe Park.

This means it will likely be up to a much higher standard of scenic design. But the whole thing is something of an admittance that the park's own teams are unable or unwilling to challenge themselves this year.