Samurai

Phill

Smoke has been used on the mighty warrior. I believe it was on and off and used mainly on peak nights due to the cost of the fluid, believe it or not!

I suppose the fluid would cost quite a lot, seeing as a lot is used and a lot would just drift off in the open air.

It is a shame, but the rides department, who were responsible for bringinging them to the rides, haven't got a big budget for this sort of thing and the mass smoke used else where, on Asylum it is delt with by a different dept all together.I would love to see a new dept. added across the board who have budgets of their own and their sole job being to fix things like Inferno tunnel, etc.. etc.. With a budget for those things and those things ONLY. I believe the Inferno bark last season also came from Rides, and they just don't have the funds for the 'effects' we'd all like to see return or continue..

Unfortunately, Samurai is currently unavailable. :P

I don't have a clue what happened but it shutdown in the morning and failed to open again.

ah ok , thank you :( . I was wondering what did mondial do to Samurai over the closed season this year? I know it went away but I wasn't sure what was done.

It didn't go anywhere in the end, just got dismantled at the park and had its work done there :D

Air?? The only thing air powered to my knowledge is the restraint system and the boarding gates. The ride itself is hydraulic driven. the raising and lowering is 2 hydraulic rams, the main arm and cross arm are hydraulic motors.

Well according to the mechanic who I was speaking today as I'm starting work there soon. So he went through it with me and he said that when it lowers yes its hydrualic powered but it still uses air and if it lowers to quickly then the system mucks up which has been the problem recently with its downtime and it also cant centre it self at the moment the counter balance is out somehow lol

Hmm ok, I don't see how a hydraulic ram would let air in as well as hydraulic but ok... And to do with the counterweight, what rubbish. When it runs empty the counterweight end is heavier than the seating end, when it's half or fully loaded, the seating end is heavier. I can prove this by the fact you need at least 15 people to ride it, else if the power cuts out, the people will be stranded somewhere other than the platform area. The counterweights don't get changed so when the ride is running to the public, the people side is ALWAYS going to be heavier.

Hmm ok, I don't see how a hydraulic ram would let air in as well as hydraulic but ok... And to do with the counterweight, what rubbish. When it runs empty the counterweight end is heavier than the seating end, when it's half or fully loaded, the seating end is heavier. I can prove this by the fact you need at least 15 people to ride it, else if the power cuts out, the people will be stranded somewhere other than the platform area. The counterweights don't get changed so when the ride is running to the public, the people side is ALWAYS going to be heavier.

Yeah I know that about the counterweight buisseness and what you said is excatly what I thought but when the mechanic was telling I was like ok then watever lol but I know that the people end is always heavier lol but I cant believe that he is telling how to control the ride and watever else coz I'm working there soon but I dont want him to tell me rubbish about them I want the facts lol