Samurai

Phill

Please tell me you don't actually believe that would happen :blink:.

Shall we ask Thorpe to find out for us? We'll both get on the ride if you like. :P

This is the current state of Samurai:Posted ImagePosted Image

This was a bit of a sad scene to see on Sunday, the mighty warrior trapped down. I took a look at the cross motor before I left the park, and the guys working in the hole it goes in were on their tea break (or drinking Coke at least) and saw me looking at it. With a smile, they pointed at it, and then the hole, indicating where it went. I then did the hand movement as if to say "Want a lift?"Is that the new one or old one?And so was it tested on Sunday or Monday evening?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that Samurai has been cleaned? (Well, the pods have, the main arm hasn't).It looks a lot nicer without the nasty stains all over it.And the fence has been given a fresh lick of paint (or a really good clean).It must have been quickly done in the down-time it recently had, but it looks nicer. :o

When did it get this red re-paint? This the talked about re-theme?

I think it had the re-paint during the down-time it experienced a couple of weeks ago now.It's just the fence that's been repainted though- to me it looks like Samurai's pods have just been properly cleaned, but I may be wrong on this one.It looks a lot nicer now though, and it's good that Thorpe have done it, whereas in previous years they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Would be nice to get the old music back on Samurai. Can only hope that one day they'd add some flags and make it even more like back in the chessie days.

The difference is Samurai was Chessingtons main ride, at Thorpe its a small fish in a big pond, it will never get stuff like it did at cwoa.

I think it had the re-paint during the down-time it experienced a couple of weeks ago now.It's just the fence that's been repainted though- to me it looks like Samurai's pods have just been properly cleaned, but I may be wrong on this one.It looks a lot nicer now though, and it's good that Thorpe have done it, whereas in previous years they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Hmm, hard to tell from that picture whether the pods have been repainted, however, wasn't the fence completely black before? Whatever it was, it looks good like that now.I'll always remember the time when I first saw Samurai at Thorpe Park towards the end of 2004. I had spent the whole season at Chessington getting used to no Samurai there, and when I walked across the Colossus bridge and saw Samurai running in it's new colours with its lights on, I was like "There it is!", as if I had found something I had lost. I had seen images of it on the net in it's new colours, and this was during the days before I started going to Thorpe Park regularly.

Hmm, hard to tell from that picture whether the pods have been repainted, however, wasn't the fence completely black before? Whatever it was, it looks good like that now.

The bits of the fence that are red now were light blue before.

I am loving those new colours! Samurai did need this bit of TLC, and I'm glad it's had it. :)

Did the inner corners of the pods used to be silver? And as far as the fence re-paint is concerned, I much preferred the light blue to be honest.

I think the red and black fences look much more 'the part', they're a darker tone than they used to be so it looks better already. And I'm sure the 'inner corners' of the pod under-carriages were definitely red before the re-paint. :)

Thanks :oI think that if they painted the fences red/black, then they should have changed the colour of the main body as well.

Why do you all care so much? It's sliver now, so you don't need to worry about what colour it was before and when.

To be fair Tommy, this is a forum, and is designed so that people can discuss many different elements of many different things. I agree that the arguement was dragging on a bit, but people do care about what things used to be like in the past, so should be allowed to discuss such things.