Samurai

Phill

Has anyone else noticed the seats are reaaally high, I had to climb to get up

No, but I will admit the first time I went on it I was last off the pod, and went to get up just as the last person jumped off and well, you know, my eyes watered a little. I'm 28 by the way....haha!!

I don't get why they make disabled people sit on pod 6, it's like the highest up and almost impossible for me to get in. So I always wait until everyone else is in and always jump out first. Well I say jump, it's more of a squirm.

Because pod 6 is nearest to the exit, meaning disabled people can be let off first, so it's mainly in case of emergencies.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know why the centre peice of Samurai has been taken off? Its been off for years. Looked so much better with it on!If anybody doesn't know what I'm talking about, heres a picture with it:http://www.fotowhizz.com/thorpe/samurai/004.htmHeres a photo without it:http://www.fotowhizz.com/thorpe/samurai/006.htmI would find it really hard to believe if that was removed due to techinical diffuculties too. I've wonderd this for years!

I noticed this too. I can only assume it was to speed up maintenance. Ripsaw at Alton Towers had a lot of theming removed to speed up maintenance, as it would take too long to rip the bits off every year. Maybe it is the same situation with Samurai? Although in Samurai's case, it looks as if this is simply a sheet of metal that would be able to come off quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is really funny to here the mixed reactions on this ride. It can be crap one day and then amazing another time. For me I have had mainly brilliant insane rides. I think for me it was crap just once this year (out of about 12 rides).When you say "a return of the loading music" do you mean the pre2006 theme below? http://media.musicofmerlin.com/thorpe/lostcity/samurai/samurai_loading06.mp3

It is really funny to here the mixed reactions on this ride. It can be crap one day and then amazing another time. For me I have had mainly brilliant insane rides. I think for me it was crap just once this year (out of about 12 rides).When you say "a return of the loading music" do you mean the pre2006 theme below?

Yes! It now hasm made a comeback!

I remember it did this after the fright nights in 2008 for the last week of the year, but once the 2009 season began it was back to the 2007 loading theme. I hope it stays as I prefer it so much more.Edit: I found a video on youtube of it playing pre 2006 loading theme at this time just after fright nights in 2008 (Saw construction is in background).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghy7XN8z8k4

This ride must have the lowest PPH in the park. Surely?I mean it takes foreverr to get the ride started!, then it takes a while for the ride to centre!and then they have to come round and undo the rows one by one!we had only 2 rides full of people infront of us and it took just over 10 mins! and the ride was on the shortest cycle I had ever seen it too, it spun in one direction about 3 times then stopped and took a minute to centre.

I agree It can be slow, It is more frustrating at busy times when there are loads of fasttrack people waiting and they fill up three rows of fasttrack leaving hardly any space from the normal queue.The ride was probably having zeroing/centreing problems which is why it took a minute faffing about before it could lower.

• 4 months later...

I just still find it laughable that the apparent reason why Samurai is no longer run at full speed is because of stress cracks that were found from it's Chessington days; isnt it because it is supposedly primarily a fairground ride and is not designed to be running for number of hours that is has to on a daily basis?There are other park versions. I'm not sure how many but I remember going on one in Canda Wonderland called "Shockwave", I'm pretty sure that looks like it is run at similar speeds. Maybe Mondial need to consider selling a park version which is further reinforced for more extended usage times?

I just still find it laughable that the apparent reason why Samurai is no longer run at full speed is because of stress cracks that were found from it's Chessington days; isnt it because it is supposedly primarily a fairground ride and is not designed to be running for number of hours that is has to on a daily basis?There are other park versions. I'm not sure how many but I remember going on one in Canda Wonderland called "Shockwave", I'm pretty sure that looks like it is run at similar speeds. Maybe Mondial need to consider selling a park version which is further reinforced for more extended usage times?

Then surely you'd blame the manufacturer...?The amount of cracks rides do attain and have to be repaired is way, way beyond peoples imagination!

Then surely you'd blame the manufacturer...?The amount of cracks rides do attain and have to be repaired is way, way beyond peoples imagination!

I wasn't intentionally blaming anyone. If anything, referencing another ride which appears to have to operate in the same way would in fact place blame on Mondial.

• 2 weeks later...