Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

It's basically the first public ride tomorrow isnt it. Press, Staff, Engineers Etc. All have reasons to ride it. Press to report. Staff for training? You get what I mean. :)

Some people have already rode Saw, however I agree with Kabz that the BBC news report seemed a little odd and I don't think the people in that video had infact rode it. The news report did not at all give a feel for the main theme of the ride and the fact that it was based on Horror. It would have been nice for Mike Valis to stress that alot of money was spent on the themeing, maybe to show a little more what the ride is about. Once again the park promotes the ride elements rather than the theming, and I can only guess thats the reason why we do not see many types like saw at the park, which do have a high budget for the themeing.

TONS of people have been on the ride now, that certainlly includes the press. Basicly, tomorrow is the first day of 'joe public' on the ride if you like. Also note that the POV camera is slightly wet as if you do actually get wet on this ride... :) Sadly, I didn't win the Saw Ride it First event for Friday.

And this Ride It First just isn't first anymore is it? So many people have ridden it. Staff, News Reporters, People from the Wedding (unconfirmed), RCCDB (this thursday). Its stupid. It should be called "Ride It First one hour before it opens to the special AP Holders Preview and 24 Hours before Public Opening"

I agree, they kinda mucked it up, first to ride should really be first to ride.

I don't think that on the BBC report they were allowed to show the inside as it was being aired at 6:30 and this is way before the watershed. Saw is a film which is linked with violence. I swear they even failed to mention the name of the ride!!!But yeah, its probably gory theming inside the ride :)

I don't think that on the BBC report they were allowed to show the inside as it was being aired at 6:30 and this is way before the watershed. Saw is a film which is linked with violence. I swear they even failed to mention the name of the ride!!!But yeah, its probably gory theming inside the ride :)

I noticed that they never mentioned the name to, I thought it was odd because I was watching it on youtube but know I know and I was annoyed I really want to know whats inside if any one knows could they pelase tell me, me and my friends are going in aprill and they aren't sure if they want to because they dont want to get to scared?

Ste - I reckon that by Monday there will be a POV video on youtube as someone will bring a video camera and hold it while on the ride. Only problem with that is that its always hard to see exactly what is going on. But by monday or even saturday night someone will tell you what is inside :)

Thorpe will more than likely upload a high quality POV video onto their website as they do with Nemesis Inferno and Colossus on the day of opening, so the official POV will be viewable before chavs and fanboy's and their 1.0MP phone cameras have a chance to whore up YouTube with their rubbish quality, shakey videos with captions like - 'ZOMG!!!!!!!!1111!!!1 NEW COASTER AT THORPE PARK PROPER MASSIVE!!! LOL' Oh, how annyoying.....

I still think that the first people to ride should get to ride before the people going on thursday.

But the people going tomorrow aren't even the first anyway. Does it REALLY matter. I was about the 100,000 to ride Nemesis Inferno, did that take anything away from my first ride?No.

To be honest, you get to ride it before all the public who are going to the park on saturday. You probably wont have to endever the queues too so quit complaining. I would have loved to win.

The queue on friday wouldnt have even been huge since its a weekday, and I'm not sure kids/adults are going to skip school/work to go to thorpe park when you have to pay to get in when it opens a day later for free, and I'm not complaining all I'm saying is simply that if they say be one of the first to ride they should at least get to ride after the nessercary tests and the people who actulaly have to ride it.

The queue on friday wouldnt have even been huge since its a weekday, and I'm not sure kids/adults are going to skip school/work to go to thorpe park when you have to pay to get in when it opens a day later for free, and I'm not complaining all I'm saying is simply that if they say be one of the first to ride they should at least get to ride after the nessercary tests and the people who actulaly have to ride it.

For my school-it is mufti day on friday the 13th-this means I can go to the AP event straight after school.Idont need to skip school and ill still get an hour and a half of AP day.

I know this has been said countless times, but for God sakes I hope no-one tries to do a POV of SAW with their own cameras. The ride will get stopped. I know most people on here know this, but I'm preety sure some people will read about how there will be a POV on YouTube sooner or later and will do it. With all the cameras about, no-one is safe. Just note that fact, because I doubt many people would want to atmosphere runied by some staff member coming to the car and getting a couple of chavs off.

I reckon if they do an official POV though, it won't feature the inside section (probably it'll just start from the main lift hill like Inferno's?), and I think that's what people will most want to see, so probably people will still try and get a video of the inside part.

Makes sense because Thorpe wont want to ruin the suprise for people who havent been on it.