Hyperia - New for 2024 (Ride thread)

15 hours ago, Inferno said:

I don’t know about that - she apologised several times in that video.

After watching a minute and a half of them patting themselves on the back for how well opening day went it made any apology feel insincere.

As @Mark9 said, rubbing noses in those of us who weren't able to attend on the day. The sole focus of the video should've been regarding the 2 week closure with no mention of anything else.

3 hours ago, JoshC. said:

From my understanding, this isn't related to the current closure of the ride.

Despite it not being planned, the park are taking the opportunity to continue working on the area where possible. 

Apparently it's an air compressor

5 hours ago, Cal said:

SAW is planned to be closed on Monday and Tuesday, wonder if this is for Hyperia access?

That would certainly make sense. 

I see the Hyperia shop is now open. I get it, make money but it's giving me DBGT PTSD.

15 hours ago, Benin said:

After watching a minute and a half of them patting themselves on the back for how well opening day went it made any apology feel insincere.

As @Mark9 said, rubbing noses in those of us who weren't able to attend on the day. The sole focus of the video should've been regarding the 2 week closure with no mention of anything else.

TBF I think they can do both? I’ve seen a few American enthusiasts praising Thorpe for their transparency and regular updates on Hyperia’s closure, which is ironic when you see people on Twitter demanding more information.

Thorpes ride availability page has been updated to state Saw will be closed on the 3rd and 4th May (but really it’s June!), I think it’s safe to assume that will be related to Hyperia.

Trains have also been spotted filled with test dummy’s too so fingers crossed if all goes to plan the 8th is the day depending on how much testing Mack will want to do. 

Then theres me whos planned a date for the 7th and is a non movable trip

well either I get one of 2 situations

Hyperia closed and a very quiet park

or Hyperia open without notice and a very quiet park

Still a win win

On 6/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, 1729 said:

Then theres me whos planned a date for the 7th and is a non movable trip

well either I get one of 2 situations

Hyperia closed and a very quiet park

or Hyperia open without notice and a very quiet park

Still a win win

Yep, very true - I'm hoping Saturday 8th is a worst case scenario so they are managing expectations - I'm due to visit on Tuesday 11th so would be good if it does open at least a few days before then so I can see what kinda queues to expect! 

I’m hoping Hyperia reopens on Saturday, and by my own visit on 10th June.

From what I’ve seen, I think it could go either way at the moment… but I do think that a Saturday reopening is still very possible. They’ve got one last day with the crane today, which would in theory leave two days to test the ride before Saturday. Given that the ride was tested comprehensively before it opened, I think this should probably be enough.

I’m currently taking the view that “no news is good news”… given that Thorpe Park have not pushed the 8th June date back yet, I’m inclined to believe that all is hopefully going to plan so far.

Thorpe Park will surely want the ride open as soon as possible. I can’t imagine they’d be hanging about unnecessarily given that this is their big “new for 2024” draw.

Indeed. I would anticipate that if Saturday is off the table, they would update tonight ideally, tomorrow at the latest.

Not that I'm searching Hyperia on X on the daily (spoiler: I am), here's the latest:

Someone else on Twi...X has spotted that the train has water dummies loaded on it already....  

Saw being added to the unavailable list for tomorrow soon I would imagine, unless it's quicker to get the parts in than it is get them out!

EDIT: I might have spoken too soon - both the lifting clamps/struts have now come back down from the lift hill so maybe we are in luck.... fingers & wings crossed.

Oh dear… I’m not optimistic about Monday, I must admit. They haven’t said anything beyond it simply not opening on Saturday, so they could just be being cautious about the days immediately following Saturday, but the suggestion that they’re going to announce a reopening date suggests that it might not be any time soon.

It’s probably best now if I go with the expectation that it won’t be open and be pleasantly surprised if it is…

I must admit, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot by continually announcing these arbitrary dates that they can’t meet. It just sets people up for disappointment.

9 minutes ago, Matt N said:

I must admit, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot by continually announcing these arbitrary dates that they can’t meet. It just sets people up for disappointment.

Do agree with this. Although it’s been great they’ve kept everyone updated, and they never specifically said it’ll open, it’s definitely set that expectation with the dates which will disappoint a lot of people.