Hyperia - New for 2024 (Ride thread)

The FAQ’s mention working at 236 ft and heavy machinery maybe affecting Saw / Samurai so I would assume it’s something to do with the lift hill which they want to look at / replace. Be interesting to see if anything noticeable changes!

Yeah, seems likely to be related to the lift hill.

Could just be Mack doing some checks following modifications made during the down period earlier in the year. Could be tweaks made ahead of Fright Nights. Could be lighting bits. In short, could be anything.

Obviously wasn't the original plan, but seems to be a necessary thing. Hopefully it doesn't cause issues.

9 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Yeah, seems likely to be related to the lift hill.

Could just be Mack doing some checks following modifications made during the down period earlier in the year. Could be tweaks made ahead of Fright Nights. Could be lighting bits. In short, could be anything.

Obviously wasn't the original plan, but seems to be a necessary thing. Hopefully it doesn't cause issues.

The main thing is it is doesn't clash with my 2nd visit of the year.

Does anyone know if Hyperia’s area/queue still looks like this? 

IMG_0313.thumb.jpeg.ad51e94dcc6b1359a7f9939c4bd3a3c4.jpeg

This was taken a week ago, not sure if they’ve done anything since?

It’s gotta be theming, better planting/weed protection or to build shade. 

Yeah it’s definitely a good think that this sort of thing is being thought about - yes it’s the end of the summer, but for decades they haven’t bothered at all with this sort of thing, so going forward the hot summer days will be more comfortable thankfully.

I’m really hoping all these temporary fences will be replaced with proper ones over closed season.  It’s a shame to see such a big new ride looking in such a dreadful state. Hyperia’s area has been a bit embarrassing I think. 

1 hour ago, Inferno said:

I’m really hoping all these temporary fences will be replaced with proper ones over closed season.  It’s a shame to see such a big new ride looking in such a dreadful state. Hyperia’s area has been a bit embarrassing I think. 

They're definitely temporary as they're there because there's work going on there. The first set of fences blocks of the area, a second set because there's a deep hole. Whether they'll be replaced with permanent fencing or what is unclear.

How long the fences will be there is the bigger question.

come with us, yeah we helped you build it didn't we, so where am I? we've got a digger called jcb, m kay, and a crane sometimes. what? I couldn't buy a crane. because jcb, are not near enough to us. in person? seriously, excuse me that's payments. it doesn't matter because it's fans maze of crystal crystal maze time. sophie doesn't care what you think, she will scare you in a month, you can walk around and be scared, woah, woah, ugh, ugh

Just watching some DigitalDan - Thorpe are definitely going to have to put fences in over closed season, otherwise those woodchips are going to be a continual mess, and the plants are never going to grow.

Can't really believe that no one thought about this, but then - it's not like they were still planting and finishing the area off the day of the press launch or anything.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 113214.png

3 hours ago, Benin said:

Finally been on it.

Area looks crap. Station is a weird attempt at Icon for some reason.

It's a great ride until the trims. All that momentum just thrown in the bin, leaving you wanting the rest of the layout rather than awkward corner.

Best ride on park? Sure.

Best ride ever? Not even close.

Yep. I find myself really frustrated getting off Hyperia now because with just another little bit of track, it would be a top 10 ride. It delivers so much until the stall and then it just gives up. 

We live in an age where manufacturers absolutely ace endings and Hyperia just doesn't.

Gonna add on to my initial impressions. My second ride was wildly different and not in a particularly positive way.

I've no idea why either. But two rows further forward and suddenly it was ALL the sustained g-forces and making me feel quite glad of the short layout come the end.

A peculiar situation, and something I've not encountered since Tatsu and Firehawk at King's Island. Both of which I put down to the flying positions. But this was just weird.

So yeah. Strange situation given there was maybe an hour between rides and the rain that was in abundance the first go had gone. 

Done at least, and I can ignore Thorpe's existence for next few years (mostly down to child).

I've found in my rides that the middle rows (especially rows 5-8) seem to be the most intense, and also ones which seem to have more of a vibration, which could turn into the dreaded Mack rattle. So far it hasn't negatively impacted my enjoyment of the ride, but it certainly has potential to, and I can see why people don't like it.

It is confusing though; I can't think of any ride where the middle of the train is notably more intense

Do you mean it was just too intense on that second ride, @Benin ?

I do see what you mean. It is a lot. The amount of time and the force at which you’re pushed away from your seat is unbelievable in quite a lot of places.

I don’t think it’s too intense necessarily, but it is definitely not an easy or “natural” thing to ride.

I could ride a lot of coasters for hours, Inferno for example I’ve done huge numbers of back-to-back rides many times over the years - but I don’t think I could do that on Hyperia 😂 (as much as I love it)