Jobs..

Marc

Pah, I wish it was that way. I do voluntary work at my old Infant school, two afternoons a week. Its the most satisfying thing in the world, love working with kids, they make me smile and the things they say sometimes, you have to laugh (in a nice way). I love my class, they are very, umm, expressive and loud, but there some lovely characters in there. I want to adopt a boy called Joshua, hes so freaking cute.

Small problem I've just realised, I'm not keen on kids ;)Haha, perhaps in hindsight a school's not the best place for me :S

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in a very long time, I'm feeling absolutely fantastic. I've just got myself a part in Broadditch Hauntfest 2011. I'm so excited! They're a family- run attraction and were nominated for a Screamie but narrowly missed out. Their attraction "Spooky Castle" was Michael Bolton's favourite maze last year.I'm gonna see if I can help out with the production side over the coming weeks. I'm over the moon though. What a boost that was so badly needed. ;)

For the first time in a very long time, I'm feeling absolutely fantastic. I've just got myself a part in Broadditch Hauntfest 2011. I'm so excited! They're a family- run attraction and were nominated for a Screamie but narrowly missed out. Their attraction "Spooky Castle" was Michael Bolton's favourite maze last year.I'm gonna see if I can help out with the production side over the coming weeks. I'm over the moon though. What a boost that was so badly needed. ;)

Well done Sheepie babe, I knew you'd get it! And you mega deserve it!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sick and tired of everyone going on about all the youth of today being lazy scroungers who don't work and take all their money, I have worked hard for years to try and get a job with no success and I am thoroughly sick and tired of the proccess it is absolutely frustrating.I am now seventeen and since being fifteen I have applied at tons of shops giving in CV's and they never ever reply back which leaves who waiting patiently forever for the nothing.Then I apply at a local gym and I don't have the qualification I need yet.I undertake work experience at a local pool and enjoy it so I and my parents save up £200 for a pool lifegaurd qualification and then when I apply for a job and am told I have an interview I recieve not contact so I contact them and no one has a clue and passes me round from person to person untill I pop in and learn I and everyone else has no interview because they've given the job to a staff friend.I apply at another pool and I am slightly lacking in my first pool test and am given a second chance, I have my interview which goes well and then I am told I will recieve a call in a few days and then a week later I recieve a letter telling me I have been unsuccesful.Then everyone else is going on about working this job, that job and the other job and I sit there thinking how is this fair! >@(I'm just wondering what everyone elses experiences are and if they have any tips or advice that help make this depressing proccess succesful?

Feel for you, was the same for me 15 years ago when I was your age. Funnily enough I was a lifeguard for a while too, didn't stick at it though as there just was not enough going on to keep me interested. MILF watching is not healthy as a full time sport! One thing my sister did - do you know if you have any local or county swimming clubs nearby? They usually hire the pool from the council unmanned and it is their own responsibility to hire a lifeguard, they might employ you directly. It would mean early starts and late finishes for shifts that are only a few hours long because that's when they train, but it is a step into the place - and then you'll be that staff friend that gets the next proper job! Find them and approach them.I would say just get ANY job no matter if it is what you want to do, and then start looking for what you really want. I got a Saturday job in Sainsburys which I thought was short term, ended up there 10 years as a manger and mostly loved it. But now I've Ieft that and do my dream job (police) which I'm sure I wouldn't have got without the supermarket management experiences behind me. If you've tried that many places without success maybe you CV needs a bit of work.There is nothing worse on a CV than a big gap of unemployment time - fill it with something, even if it is a McJob!!

Results of a recession basically...Shops and other jobs aren't hiring as many as they used to in order to save money that in the long run isn't really needed to be spent by them...Least I have an excuse of university times for this summer... And next year I can just launch into as many graduate jobs as possible...

Feel for you, was the same for me 15 years ago when I was your age. Funnily enough I was a lifeguard for a while too, didn't stick at it though as there just was not enough going on to keep me interested. MILF watching is not healthy as a full time sport! One thing my sister did - do you know if you have any local or county swimming clubs nearby? They usually hire the pool from the council unmanned and it is their own responsibility to hire a lifeguard, they might employ you directly. It would mean early starts and late finishes for shifts that are only a few hours long because that's when they train, but it is a step into the place - and then you'll be that staff friend that gets the next proper job! Find them and approach them.I would say just get ANY job no matter if it is what you want to do, and then start looking for what you really want. I got a Saturday job in Sainsburys which I thought was short term, ended up there 10 years as a manger and mostly loved it. But now I've Ieft that and do my dream job (police) which I'm sure I wouldn't have got without the supermarket management experiences behind me. If you've tried that many places without success maybe you CV needs a bit of work.There is nothing worse on a CV than a big gap of unemployment time - fill it with something, even if it is a McJob!!

Thanks, I could try my old school's pool thats the only other pool near me I can really get to without forking out an arm and a leg, though I was put of there before after I handed in my CV to the manager who told me "I could hand it in but I wouldn't get anywhere", and I didn't.I even tried mcdonalds as my sisters works there but even they rejected me, how depressing is that!Thank you none the less for the advice -_-

I worked myself up roughly to where I am sat now within the Merlin Ents Group - as much as I know there are some people who won't agree with that statement - but I love what I do and I am pretty proud of myself to get to where I am now and to where I can get myself with the experience and skills I've learnt.It's not perfect but It's so much more than just a job for me; it's wicked as much as it has it's ups and downs!

I so wanna be a red coat or something like that I will be so good at it I just know it everyone said I should go for it but the money is rubbish compared to what I'm on now and I got kids to bring upI also see that PGL are needing people as well I would love to work there as well its the same job as I'm doing now but at a kids holiday parkccooooolll

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...