Jobs..

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

I've applied for the Army.....I wont say what it is but I'll get a call within 10 days :PTrainingCombat training teaches you skills like how to survive outdoors and fire weapons. After this, you learn to drive at the Defence School of Transport. Railway training then teaches you how to drive and shunt trains, lay tracks and repair damage. You qualify as a Railway Operator, trained to supervise rail installations anywhere in the world. Training fits around your day job.Skills you can learnYou learn to drive, handle, service and repair diesel trains and rolling stock. You also master other aspects of railway management like timetabling, signalling, reconnaissance, and battle damage repairs. Together with your train crew, you learn how to load, marshal and sort trains for despatch, and you master standard UK train-signalling practice.It says in there what I'll be doing.... hopefully I'll be asked to a interview :)http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/178/logistic-railway-operatorbefore I forget.... I kinda did put Combat down on my application aswell :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got an interview for the Sea Life Centre in Brighton on the 1st of April.I'm scared & excited. Scared that I'm not going to be able to do it because of my disability, excited at the thought of no longer being on DLA :) I have to come up with a 5 minute presentation of “If I were a creature of the Sea, what would I be?”.WOOOO!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally messed up my interview for Sea Life.It was so embarrassing, my mind went blank during my presentation and I could hardly get any words out. I was shaking and so nervous I was sweating, plus my presentation (On Lobsters) was nowhere near as good as anyone else's. I'm not usually a shy person, but I just found it really hard trying to make myself look good for the job standing up in front of a room full of eyes staring at me. Whoever thought up group interviews is a ****.Oh well, at least I got a free trip around the centre ;)

Totally messed up my interview for Sea Life.It was so embarrassing, my mind went blank during my presentation and I could hardly get any words out. I was shaking and so nervous I was sweating, plus my presentation (On Lobsters) was nowhere near as good as anyone else's. I'm not usually a shy person, but I just found it really hard trying to make myself look good for the job standing up in front of a room full of eyes staring at me. Whoever thought up group interviews is a ****.Oh well, at least I got a free trip around the centre :)

A free trip, not to be sniffed at! HahaI have never had a group interview, I don't think I would like that!

Totally messed up my interview for Sea Life.It was so embarrassing, my mind went blank during my presentation and I could hardly get any words out. I was shaking and so nervous I was sweating, plus my presentation (On Lobsters) was nowhere near as good as anyone else's. I'm not usually a shy person, but I just found it really hard trying to make myself look good for the job standing up in front of a room full of eyes staring at me. Whoever thought up group interviews is a ****.Oh well, at least I got a free trip around the centre :P

I've had a group interview before there the worst I agree but I found good because you can show up the people that don't know anything about the job !

• 1 month later...

^ I've applied to quite a range, no luck as of yet. However I've found out my local Morrisons has 6 openings at the moment, I'm quite confident I could get one there and thats the kind of environment I'd like to work in :lol: I just hope they see that I'm a genuine person despite not having any experience in retail.

This isn't really a job but meh. I have work experience soon, and I'm nervous. I'm going back to my Junior School, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I'm crapping myself over it :lol:

It will be ok , at least you can play the role of the teacher . Sitting down with your coffee all day whilst the pupils do revision out of the books :o

It will be ok , at least you can play the role of the teacher . Sitting down with your coffee all day whilst the pupils do revision out of the books :lol:

Pah, I wish it was that way. I do voluntary work at my old Infant school, two afternoons a week. Its the most satisfying thing in the world, love working with kids, they make me smile and the things they say sometimes, you have to laugh (in a nice way). I love my class, they are very, umm, expressive and loud, but there some lovely characters in there. I want to adopt a boy called Joshua, hes so freaking cute.