Efteling

Cringle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's amazing from those behind the scenes videos is the amount of thought and effort that has been put into the design and ideas of not just the ride, but the surrounding area and buildings...

Considering this is a ride that really never made sense for Efteling to build in the first place, it's great to see it being taken incredibly seriously...

^ Can I ask why it doesn't make sense for Efteling?

This ride is highly themed, it follows a fantasy-style narrative and it quenches the park's thirst for another thrilling coaster since the last one was Python! I think it's kinda perfect tbh, especially how they've managed to soften the impact of the B&M track on the rest of the park using the theming on the highest point! :)

I do completely agree that the thought that has gone into this is fantastic!

Simply put, a giant B&M Dive Machine is a massive stand-out thing to the rest of the park... It's a typical quaint European park, with a massive Forest in one corner, and every other coaster bar Python fitting in because they're either indoors or made of wood...

It had the potential to be like Spinball, out of place and completely wrong for the park... Especially as the location for the ride is more central than say Python, which is pretty much hidden at the back of the park...

Fortunately they've made the correct design choices it would seem to ensure that the only impact this ride will have is visual interest, especially if the Dutch love it as much as the Germans love Krake...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out whether the green metal structure will remain on show from the outside. On the concept art there are green wooden beams, but not metal. I've also been researching on the dutch forums and nobody on those knows either!

Can't wait to see this thing built though <3 

• 2 weeks later...

Efteling- theming work is still on going as well as building work, no sign of ride yet

Gardaland- ride's finished and no signs of theming,

The difference between Merlin & Efteling

Kinda seems like a bit of a non-point, since many parks will work on theming after they've finished the main ride system.  

Look at where Swarm was at this point in 2011 - a slight bit of the plane structure and the body of a building!

Also, Efteling wanted to get the station building up before any serious frost turned up, something Garda don't really need to worry over...

In other news, the third version of Aquanura premiered today, which seemingly involved remixes of ride themes from DJ Tiesto... I hope they have a video like before, because it sounds amazing...

Also, Efteling wanted to get the station building up before any serious frost turned up, something Garda don't really need to worry over...

In other news, the third version of Aquanura premiered today, which seemingly involved remixes of ride themes from DJ Tiesto... I hope they have a video like before, because it sounds amazing...

Here is the video you were talking about :P

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I've never been (like most Europe parks bar Tivoli), I believe you can get Easyjet flights to Amsterdam via all the big london airports (Luton definitely does this). Then once you arrive, there's several train routes you can take to the nearby area.

These links may help

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g188584-d262610-r49158237-Efteling-Kaatsheuvel_North_Brabant_Province.html

http://eftelinguk.com/getting-there/

Hope this helps