Chessington Water Rides

Area 1Safari SkywayVampireBubbleworksBlack BuccaneerSeastormGriffins GalleonPlayhouseCanopy CapersSea DragonsArea 2RattlesnakeRunaway TrainDragons FuryToadies Crazy CarsBerry BouncersFlying JumbosTiny TruckersCarouselArea 3Tomb BlasterRameses RevengeDragon FallsPeeking HeightsBillys WhizzerDodgemsBash St BusDennis' Madhouse

• 1 month later...

Yes I shall be riding whizzer in 2010 Rich just because the contract with Beano is expiring doesn't mean that ride shall be leaving the park. Eventhough what I meant was next season (this year).And somehow Rich I think that is very biased of you and does the Paultons one have water fountains I think not so therefore billys whizzer ftw.lol

Grr, this is going to end up going off topic! Paultons one starts a lot quicker than yours and when riding with only say 5 adults max scares some people, they hold on quite tightly! :huh:Anyway I really like Dragon Falls, would pick it over Loggers Leap any day! Just a nice refreshing spray with very clean and nice smelling water! :huh:

Well saved Rich well saved lolYeah I have to agree with you on this I love falls the water is very clean and you dont come off smelling like algae and fish lolI think that chessington could more water based rides but I am very happy with what they have now. And if you want to get that extra bit wet then go onto rameses or Whizzer and sit where you get wet and dont be wimps. And if this fails then go onto Bubbles and have a water fight in the fountains but not the water as operators will not be happy.

Yes I shall be riding whizzer in 2010 Rich just because the contract with Beano is expiring doesn't mean that ride shall be leaving the park. Eventhough what I meant was next season (this year).And somehow Rich I think that is very biased of you and does the Paultons one have water fountains I think not so therefore billys whizzer ftw.lol

I agree. The ride might be rethemed, aded too or something but no way wil it leave the park. It's too popular with other visitors and it just fits nicely

Then surely you must love Dragon Falls as this is probably the driest Log Flume ever lol.I think that removing Whizzer from chessington would be a big mistake for the park a re-theme of this ride will not be that hard they are going to have to retheme this area anyway unless they renew the contract.

• 5 years later...

The only two rides which are actually 'water rides' at chessington are bubbleworks and dragons falls, neither of which get you wet in the slightest.

Monkey swinger and rameses can get you ridiculously wet though, and they are both my favourite rides on park(I love thrill rides with water effects!).

Would be nice to see a water ride on park which you actually get wet though...

In my personal view river rapids don't get you that wet unless they have theming elements and chessington is a bit eh with theming (effects)

Popeye and River Quest called me to tell you that sweeping statements are sweeping...

It's all in the design of the Rapids, as well as luck of the rider... For every dry rapids ride I've had there's usually been a drenched one too... Though the UK weather isn't suited for really wet versions of them, or any water ride type...

The only two rides which are actually 'water rides' at chessington are bubbleworks and dragons falls, neither of which get you wet in the slightest.

Well Bubbleworks is kind of excused, it's more a dark/water ride hybrid then a pure water ride. So that leaves Falls which always gets me wettish on the first drop and sprayed on the second. Yeah it's not Florida, but the British climate isn't well suited to super wet water rides.

The problem with dragons falls is that it looks like it will decently get you wet and in summer it forms 70minute queues. When you need a cool down and you don't actually get one on dragons falls it is quite disappointing really.

Would be nice to see a water ride as loggers and tidal wave get long queues during summer so I could easily see chessington get a new water ride which attracts the crowds :)