Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

Done the Towers bits on my Merlin pass,

couldn't suggest they are a good day out.

Pissing down with rain so most of the pier stuff was closed.

Don't do the Sandcastle on my own as a fat 50 year old bloke on his own is just too pervy.

So I just hung around the shops looking at the freaks.

Generally scarier than anything in the dungeons.

Still better than mowing lawns in the snow and rain though.

Thank you kindly...

you have made a fat old man slightly happier,

if that is possible.

And if Jamie does go to the Towers,

I will find out and stalk him all day.

Only kidding Jamie...

possibly.

And I should add that I do love BPB,

it is my usual choice of season ticket,

this year was a Merlin because of the short queues at the Towers.

• 2 weeks later...

3 inversions doesn't seam like much tbh. I feel like this will have more as Blue Fire does have 4 and Helix 7, Id assume if it was a multi launch it would have more then 4 inversions although any mack launch is an amazing investment so I am very excited for this!

3 minutes ago, EC! said:

3 inversions doesn't seam like much tbh. I feel like this will have more as Blue Fire does have 4 and Helix 7, Id assume if it was a multi launch it would have more then 4 inversions although any mack launch is an amazing investment so I am very excited for this!

I don't think inversions matter that much on Mack Launches. To me, plenty of ejector air, good pacing and theming/terrain interaction are higher up on the Agenda.

E.G: Watching the POVs of Helix, the reason I want to ride it so much is the ejector air, relentlessness and terrain interaction- the inversions kind of pass over my head.

Anyway, I need to get to BPB soon...!

5 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

I don't think inversions matter that much on Mack Launches. To me, plenty of ejector air, good pacing and theming/terrain interaction are higher up on the Agenda.

E.G: Watching the POVs of Helix, the reason I want to ride it so much is the ejector air, relentlessness and terrain interaction- the inversions kind of pass over my head.

Anyway, I need to get to BPB soon...!

It very much does on Blue Fire which only has 1 airtime hill which is quite weak anyway when I rode it. The Inversions that interact with the terrain is what makes helix, it only has 3 airtime hills and is seen more as a launched multi-looper so I think to say the inversions don't matter that much isn't correct in my opinion although as someone who is partial to some good airtime, I would be very open to more airtime as the current big thrill launchers have been more about the inversions.

6 minutes ago, EC! said:

It very much does on Blue Fire which only has 1 airtime hill which is quite weak anyway when I rode it. The Inversions that interact with the terrain is what makes helix, it only has 3 airtime hills and is seen more as a launched multi-looper so I think to say the inversions don't matter that much isn't correct in my opinion although as someone who is partial to some good airtime, I would be very open to more airtime as the current big thrill launchers have been more about the inversions.

Whilst they (inversions) may have a focus on Blue Fire and Helix, they really aren't what attracts me to the ride.

Anyway, my point was that you could still get an incredible mack launch with only 3 inversions as pacing, theming and airtime are all what (to me) makes mack launches look good.

None of the inversions on Helix interact with the terrain, they're all high up from any land... Even the Norwegian Loop the terrain at the bottom isn't noticeable mid ride...

These rides are more about the open feeling and various forces... And as Mark said, it'll easily beat anything else the park has to offer...

Basing a ride off basic stats with no layout is no way to judge it...

I'm quite sold on the low number of inversions, personally I'm sick of coasters being built that just do inversion after inversion, it'll be nice to have some variety.  It's also worth mentioning that fitting it around existing rides will have an impact on the layout - I would imagine that fast, tight turns with lots of airtime moments in places could be a possibility, which when combined with near misses with nearby rides should make for a brilliant coaster.

2018 could be a very interesting year for the UK with this and SW8 at Alton both opening.