Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Dan_Rush

In fairness it doesn't need a heavy theme or story, that isn't BPB's thing when it comes to coasters. Also, a heavy theme wouldn't really work given that the ride goes through different areas of the park.

I'll be happy with a modern design, decent soundtrack and maybe a good "idea" - but not a theme as such. Something similar to the presentation of Helix would be great IMO.

Pretty much everything I've seen on this from enthusiasts to the wider community on facebook has been overwhelmingly positive. It's not being pushed as the x-est anything, but people can see it's good and want it.

Meanwhile at Towers the lackluster woodie project, which doesn't look great but will almost certainly have some one of a kind gimmick slapped on it somewhere to please the marketers, plods along and will in about 18 months time be trying to compete with this. Good luck Towers!

I swear one article said it'll have the world record for most interaction with other rides at 5. Not sure but if true there's that. 

This needs to be styled. I always use Busch gardens for this example. Montu is themed to Egypt. Meanwhile Kumba is styled using it's surroundings and is lovely. Same could be said for Helix by the look of it. Using the surroundings to make a style whereas Taron is a full on theme. 

Even then this is PB, they can get away with plonking a ride down and that's nothing against them, that's just how the park is. 

1 hour ago, Mitchada04 said:

I swear one article said it'll have the world record for most interaction with other rides at 5. Not sure but if true there's that. 

According to BPB's Construction 2018 webpage it'll have 15 interactions;

‘Construction 2018' will feature the most number of interactions in the world with 15 interactions involving five different rides and two tunnels.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/construction/

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Any one any idea why they've removed the scores / leader board from skyforce was a great feature..

I asked about this, apparently they are not allowed to use it as people were becoming too competitive - and spinning "too fast" regularly.

A shame as it was a brilliant feature!

Oh, that's a shame. Was a great touch that scoreboard.

Don't see what it achieves removing it - if people want to spin they still will, if they want to stop people spinning excessively they'll have to do it mechanically somehow. Do they even need to discourage multiple spinning? It's either safe to do or it's not, and it's obviously still possible. Odd.

2 hours ago, pluk said:

Oh, that's a shame. Was a great touch that scoreboard.

Don't see what it achieves removing it - if people want to spin they still will, if they want to stop people spinning excessively they'll have to do it mechanically somehow. Do they even need to discourage multiple spinning? It's either safe to do or it's not, and it's obviously still possible. Odd.

Didn't alton get rid of 'don't look down' due to people screaming and noise complaints? (which doesn't stop people screaming if they want) (I only read this on here so forgive me if I'm wrong) sounds like a similar kinda thing

It was there when I went about 3 weeks ago.

If they are concerned about people doing excessive amounts of spinning maybe they could set it up to count to what they think is a safe maximum, 50 spins or so, and tell people that they don't recommend exceeding that. Seems a shame to just bin the whole system.

• 4 weeks later...