Stealth

Dan_Rush

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems like the most appropriate place to put this. What is the actual acceleration of Stealth?Reason I'm asking is because the official website seems to claim under 2 seconds (as do a lot of other sites), I've also seen it advertised as still being 2.3 seconds. On the entrance sign for the ride itself for example.I thought you guys may be able to clear this confusion up for me lol.

^ See RCDB seems to agree with what the park says on their website. I believe what RCDB says, but then why have Thorpe not bothered to update the signs in the park with the faster acceleration. It just seems a bit daft to have all of the 'Stealth upgraded' marketing and all that, to then still have the original signs. To the rest of the GP, it comes across as being slower than what it actually is.

Well, in 2006 when it first opened, it was advertised as 0-80MPH in 2.3s.In 2007, it was 'upgraded' to under 2s (1.9 as RCDB states). It was never modified, just Thorpe changed where they were measuring. I think 2.3s is the time from the beginning of launch track to the end of it, 1.9 being the actual reaching to 80MPH.So, in other words, pretty sure it's 1.9s - though not 100% sure :)

Photo case from 2010 still says Europe's highest and fastest launch coaster (Baco is now faster. I don't know if it still the highest). I think it says under 2 seconds but I am not 100% sure.

Yes, it says '0-80 in under 2 seconds'. I agree it's strange how they did not change the signs around the ride, maybe once they were in the park after the new advertisement, 0.4 seconds isn't worth changing the signs for.

Well, in 2006 when it first opened, it was advertised as 0-80MPH in 2.3s.In 2007, it was 'upgraded' to under 2s (1.9 as RCDB states). It was never modified, just Thorpe changed where they were measuring. I think 2.3s is the time from the beginning of launch track to the end of it, 1.9 being the actual reaching to 80MPH.So, in other words, pretty sure it's 1.9s - though not 100% sure :)

Firstly, it was upgraded. I have it on very good grounds. This rumour it wasn't is just that. The head engineer of the ride in 2006/2007 happens to be a friend of mine, so I'll put to rest that it was a change in measurement, it doesn't take much to change the acceleration rate, just a laptop that you plug into the system.Secondly, you guys over rely on RCDB, it's just an enthusiast site, run by normal people, it doesn't complete a theme park census or manufacture questionnaire to gather information, it relys on contributors like you and me. I have corrected it on several points, consider it more a wikipedia, less a manufactures handbook.

Yeah. I'd love to get stuck on the top though, although it is extremely,extremely unlikely. It has happened before though, but no one was on the ride at the time.

Hehe, I remember that passing through Chessie that day... The guy who was trained to go up and push it wasn't available so that was rather problematic for them :P