Stealth

Dan_Rush

A rollback isn't bad for the ride as such. It's no good thing, but it's all designed with it in mind. Like Rob said it is purely just the reset time that causes it to be closed. I've seen it rollback 4 times once in just over an hour so it doesn't always take that long either. It does only seem to rollback nowadays when it has a problem, think it did it a few times one day last season and this is the first time this year. No where near as much as it used to.

7 minutes ago, Equoaster said:

When talking to a staff member on a lift hill climb (on Swarm), apparently they installed an anti-rollback system. He said it can't rollback but it can get stuck. Does anyone know has this anti-rollback system works or if it exists?

Considering the fact that Stealth rolled back on Friday, I doubt it exists. I would have also thought that rollbacks are much less troublesome than stalls.

1 hour ago, Equoaster said:

When talking to a staff member on a lift hill climb (on Swarm), apparently they installed an anti-rollback system. He said it can't rollback but it can get stuck. Does anyone know has this anti-rollback system works or if it exists?

I would say that's a complete lie.

What's that smell? Aaah, must be the bulls***!

Partaking in geekery since 1985

On 05/06/2016 at 10:53 AM, Equoaster said:

Are you talking SWARM or Stealth?

3 hours ago, Equoaster said:

I'm talking about Stealth, I just found out about this "anti rollback" thing (notice the air quotes) of Seatlh whilst doing a lift hill climb on Swarm.

Ah, then in that case I would say there is no device for stopping a rollback.  It would have to have the ability to push it over the top, but there is nothing on it.

The only thing that Stealth has in case of a rollback is the emergency zeppelin fins. All Intamin Accelorators have these as far as I'm aware, even if rollbacks would never happen (I.e. Rita)

Anti Rollbacks on lift hill coasters are much more obvious. They are a line of teeth that goes up an entire lift hill to the point at which the carriage is swept away by momentum and gravity. You can normally hear them clicking away!

Of course, with ride technology comes changes, ala Smiler, which features similar anti rollback technology to that found on stealth. In the case of a break down, the ride is designed to pop these fins up, so that the train can roll slowly back down the 2 lifts to a location of easier, and safer evacuation.

8 hours ago, wegloo said:

The only thing that Stealth has in case of a rollback is the emergency zeppelin fins. All Intamin Accelorators have these as far as I'm aware, even if rollbacks would never happen (I.e. Rita)

Rita can and has rolled back! If the rollback is caused by lack of power rather than the elements then I guess any ride could roll back! 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Project LC said:

I gave up visiting. Far too many issues. Starting to miss slammer and stealth though. I need a good launch coaster in my life.

That's why I stopped visiting for a while, but by Thorpe's standards it has actually been a very good day today.

Odd thing yesterday, a chap in the seat diagonally in front of me blacked out - I realized as we went vertical, but his co-rider didn't realize until the guy recovered on the brake hill; he was fine once we got off. The ride is not for everybody, no ride is, I've seen several nose bleeds, several bumped faces, but at least nobody gets off.

2 hours ago, planenut said:

Odd thing yesterday, a chap in the seat diagonally in front of me blacked out - I realized as we went vertical, but his co-rider didn't realize until the guy recovered on the brake hill; he was fine once we got off. The ride is not for everybody, no ride is, I've seen several nose bleeds, several bumped faces, but at least nobody gets off.

My friend cracked his tooth once, Stealth injures people man.