Thorpe Park trip plans

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Planning to go tomorrow with a group (mostly people that have never been)... I know it will be busy, because it is the last day of fright nights, but how likely are long queues in the morning? I mean since the park is open til 10pm are people arriving early or later during the day? I want to know if it's worth coming early from the start... Thanks in advance!

Planning to go tomorrow with a group (mostly people that have never been)... I know it will be busy, because it is the last day of fright nights, but how likely are long queues in the morning? I mean since the park is open til 10pm are people arriving early or later during the day? I want to know if it's worth coming early from the start... Thanks in advance!

When I went last weekend, the park was pretty quiet in the morning which enabled us to get on quite a bit without queueing :( It's definitely worth getting there early. Have a good day!

Thanks guys! It was a great day yesterday, the longest we had to queue was one hour for Stealth and 50 minutes for Nemesis, everything else was usually half an hour or less... and in the last half an hour we managed to get two times on Nemesis, two times on Rush and once on Zodiac cuz they were pretty much walk on....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going on the 23rd (monday) and I just checked the rides that are currently out : stealth, Colossus and storm surge. anyone got any ideas why? Hoping they're back open by monday because stealth is nearly always closed when I'm there and it's one of my favourites and I was hoping to try out storm surge! I know things change all the time, but I assumed if there's a major problem with a ride someone here would probably know about it!!

I'm supposed to be visiting tomorrow and at the moment Thorpe's website says this : "Stealth, Colossus & Storm Surge are currently unavailable, but don't worry there’s still loads of thrills to be had!" ... Having three major rides down, as well as Saw: Alive (which I know can't really be helped), which makes 4 rides&Attractions down on a Saturday is unacceptable. :blush: You go to a theme park and expect the rides to be open, like the majority of visits to Chessie and Alton usually are. I know sometimes things can't be helped and rides have their problems, but really Thorpe? I can only dread to think what the queues are like at the moment for Nemesis Inferno and Saw: The Ride being the only two 'major' coasters open... On a good note, Slammer has had exceptionally good reliability this year. :)

I agree Luke, with the prices of tickets being what they are, you don't expect so many rides to be down do you? It's especially annoying when you've booked the tickets in advance, booked the day off work and you have to travel 70 miles to get there and then you get told that 'there's still plenty of thrills' Yes, there's still some rides open but the queues will be twice as long. :blush: Hmph. Sorry for the rant.Luke, can you update us tomorrow and let us know the situation please? :)

Yeah, of course Cat, I will probably do a mini TR :blush: and I suppose it's not so bad for me as I have an AP so can visit whenever, but still have to drive for an Hour to get there! Hopefully they will all be back open again though (except for Saw:Alive).