Chest Restrictions

bobba18

I visited Thorpe Park for the First time on Tuesday. Having had a bad experience at Drayton Manor on Pandemonium a couple of years ago I was very nervous about chest restrictions etc.I currently have a 48" chest and big thighs / legs thanks to a mixture of loads of swimming in my youth and loads of pinot grigio in my later years, but didn't need to worry at all!Saw the ride - Fine loads of room Saw Alive - Loads on nubile ladies hiding from the nasty pig masked men in my shadow! It was a positive advantage!Colossus - Bit of a tight fit but the staff were great. She said there was nothing to worry about as she hadn't even needed to push the restraints down. As such you'd be fine with a 48"+ chest by my reckoning.Nemesis - Fine, room without even using the "Big" seats.Tidal Wave - 100% fine!Stealth - FineSo if your going worrying about such things, please don't! The staff were great, use the test seats, and have a great time.To be honest my concerns meant the first part of the day was on a bit of a downer, when it didn't have to be.All the best - MarkPS - Having been a towers fan until now, I think Thorpe Park may have won my heart!

• 9 months later...

hi guys I am goin to thorpe park tomorrow but a bit worried about the restrictions on the rides .I have a 51" chest and 51" waist so I was just wandering if I would fit on the rides as I wouldnt like to go and to be disappointed if I couldnt fit on the rides your input would be halpful and much appreciated thanks

Just like jjh123horry, most rides should be fine, Nemesis Inferno has bigger seats in the back rows. Vortex is a squeeze as the bars come down by themselves. Even if you cant get on the big coasters you will still be able to get on such rides as Rush, Zodiac, X/: No Way Out, Quantum, Storm Surge, Tidal Wave, Saw Alive, and slammer.And welcome to the forum:)

hi guys I am goin to thorpe park tomorrow but a bit worried about the restrictions on the rides .I have a 51" chest and 51" waist so I was just wandering if I would fit on the rides as I wouldnt like to go and to be disappointed if I couldnt fit on the rides your input would be halpful and much appreciated thanks

I have a bit of trouble getting onto Colossus, but heres a tip for you. If you want to sit at the front on Colossus, try to go on the second car. Ive noticed that the belt that goes between you legs is a bit longer than that on the first car (You can tell which is which because they have either a 1 or 2 at the front of the car), this makes it a bit easier for me as a male, but it does slightly hurt the male area a bit, but other wise its fine. Just a quick tip ;) Hope you have fun and welcome

• 3 years later...

Hi All

I found this forum useful and recently went to Thorpe park so thought ide share my experience.

I'm a bottom heavy girl, with a chest size of 45 inches. I was told by the staff t shouldn't have a problem. They were wrong.

Although I had no problem fitting in the seats and getting the harness down, due to the size of my thighs the position of the harness was a few inches out at the bottom. This meant I couldn't go on any of the Big 5 rides at all! I was extremely embarrassed as I had tried the tester seats at the beginning and it seemed ok. But the problem was the seat belt. On every ride it was about 2 inches off clicking in. The harness locked in place fine, but because the seat belt would close I couldn't continue. The tester seats annoyingly have the seat and harness but don't usually include the seat belt part as well.

I asked staff about this and a senior member told me that when seat sizes are created they are based on Men. So the maximum chest size is 51/52 inches and the tester seat is to see if the harness will accommodate you. They could see chest wise it wasn't an issue, and explained they have this problem a lot with women as many carry there weight on there lower half. Alas it wasn't my day.

But I would go on all the water rides, including tidal wave and Zodiac still have lots of fun as it was a glorious day.

Just as a guide for any women reading this I am a size 18/20 on top and a size 24 on the bottom (bloody thighs).

If only they had an extra few inches on the seat belt. 

Also I thought on Nemesis they had bigger seats in the back row, I asked about this and was told this was incorrect. I wasn't allowed to wait and change to those seats.

Alas I have since bought a cross trainer and will go again next year and see if I have better luck. Hope this info helps.

No they're the same, back row is generally reserved for disabled guests, so the rumour has probably stemmed from that, someone putting 2+2 together and coming up with 6.

This meant I couldn't go on any of the Big 5 rides at all! I was extremely embarrassed as I had tried the tester seats at the beginning and it seemed ok. But the problem was the seat belt. On every ride it was about 2 inches off clicking in.

Sounds a lot like the staff forgot the belt length is adjustable.

I'm assuming she means that on Stealth they were at their full length - Also the seat belts on Swarm, Inferno, and Colossus aren't adjustable

I beg to differ because every time we've been on them rides I've had to tighten the strap up for my son, and last time I went on inferno, had to loosen off the belt as the seat had been strapped shut the previous run. Every ride I've been on a Thorpe this year (that has over the shoulder restaints) had push and loop adjustable straps on them.

The seats we used on the same day felt the same size on the front and the back of the same train, so no, I was not wrong, some of you decided I was wrong becuase you disagreed, which is a different thing all together.

The lady posted above that a ride operator said it was incorrect that there were bigger seats on the back too, does that make them both wrong as well?

Similarly, if a person tries to adjust the length of a belt and can't because they're doing it wrong, that doesn't mean that the belts are a fixed length, it means they not adjusting them properly.

OK you're right I was wrong, I never remembered that seat but now you've posted a photo I do remember thinking it strange one having two belts, the bum part doesn't look any bigger though, so are you sure that's a large persons seat, or just a seat for bigger chested people?

Thinking about it I don't remember adjusting the belts on inferno before either, but I have on some of the rides because the previous occupant was a kid and I couldn't get the belt done up.

I may sound like I'm just imagining it or whatnot, but I have sat in one of the seats with two belts and I felt like I had a lot more room than usual, even by the end of the ride I had a considerable amount of space. Does that sound right to those who would know this sort of thing? It may be likely that I just noticed the room I had because I told myself I was in a 'larger' seat.