Closed Rides

Ash

Colossus is doing far better than Nemesis (Alton Towers) this seasonAs well as flinging track rust/wax over the riders, it's breaking down for day's at a time, and vibrating when it does open!http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23460Second page = :o Make's Colossus's downtime seem minimal.

Is that before or after you throw in all the other Thorpe downtime

Is that before or after you throw in all the other Thorpe downtime

Oh..... I'm not denying Thorpe's Reliabilty in General, is terrible.I was just kind of comparing; Colossus (A ride that is usually very unreliable) compared to Nemesis (A ride that is usually reliable)Don't know what point I was trying to make really, just thinking aloud. :o

Colossus is doing far better than Nemesis (Alton Towers) this seasonAs well as flinging track rust/wax over the riders, it's breaking down for day's at a time, and vibrating when it does open!http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23460Second page = :( Make's Colossus's downtime seem minimal.

But remember, Nemesis is much older than Colossus and has had some track replacement(?) You can't compare an old ride, which has had track work on, with Colossus at this time...

whats weird is that they are the 2 same rides that were broken for ages (since fright night?).maybe its something to do with stealths new launch cable and maybe slammer just needs fixing

Today is only the first day of both rides being unavailable for a while now. I wouldn't worry about anything, they will probably be up soon.

Slammer was acting really slow on tuesday, it was taking ages to off load and on load people and then they just ended up sitting there for ages, was quiet frustrating because I could have gone to stealth and used the single rider queue a few times as no-one was on it :(

I always go either front or back on stealth as they are the best experience.but I have been on a rollback-thrill chill 2008 when stealth kept rolling back.eventually they loaded some people-me and my mate and they got a roll back-so they shut it.But the rollback experience is the best.

I really want a rollback and was gutted when I nearly got one the other day! Got to the top and it just crept over and I think because I was at the back it felt more like it was rolling back.

well I count a rollback as a breakdown as it takes ages to reset and then they have to continuosly test each train.

maybe slammer just needs fixing..

Is that why it's closed then? ;)

Stealth takes ages to reset and then they have to continuosly test each train.

Continuosly??

10 mins to reset and 2 test trains is the usual requirement.

The time you wait, is usually for the engineers to race over to the ride. Once they're there it's a 30 second job!