Closed Rides

Ash

Tidal Wave has been at least working since yesterday. Slammer raised and then lowered straight away yesterday and today Loggers had water going round.Engineers were around Stealth area today.

The loggers thing is weird, sam 795 told me that there was no water going round today...

I visited Thorpe Park today, and have some information regarding ride closures and availability, that you may find useful. 1. Slammer was running complete tests runs successfully throughout the day. I can see it possible to be opening tomorrow. (I think today might have been the first day with so many successful test runs). 2. Stealth completed 2 successful test runs during the day. They obviously have the new part, and may possibly open the ride tomorrow. 3. SAW:The Ride ran smoothly throughout the day, however the ride did experience a couple of minor technical delays, each lasting around 15 minutes. 4. Loggers Leap suffered a technical problem for most of the day, however opened at around 2pm. Also, the average queue times for the day were as follows:SAW: The Ride - 20 minutes. Colossus - 15 MinutesNemesis Inferno - 20 MinutesSamurai - 10 MinutesRush - 5 MinutesVortex - 5 MinutesZodiac - 0 MinutesQuantum - 0 MinutesTidal Wave - 0 MinutesLoggers Leap - 10 MinutesRumba Rapids - 0 MinutesCarousel - 0 MinutesDetonator - 10 MinutesTeacups - 0 Minutes(Slammer, Stealth and MMBananaBoat were all closed today). Hope this is helpful :lol:.

the 3 times I went on Colossus it had a 0 minute queue every time :)

That is lucky, I didn't go on Colossus at all today because every time I passed the entrance the queue was at least 20-30 minutes. Normally, I would have queued for this time, but I was only in the park for a few hours, so I went on SAW again instead which was only 10 minutes. Today I was just trying to get on all the rides with the shortest queues. Also, did you see the queue for Vortex today? It was a walk-on for the most part of the day! I couldn't believe it, I have never seen Vortex with an empty queue before :lol:.

Flamin' Slammer - every year since they put it in, it has failed to open with the main season, and if it has opened, it's shut within 5 minutes because of something going belly up with it.

Yes, Most other rides are always open at the start of the season.Maybe Rush sometimes fails, but I've hear it's the most complex ride in the park.Never seen a water ride down at the start of the season

Flamin' Slammer - every year since they put it in, it has failed to open with the main season, and if it has opened, it's shut within 5 minutes because of something going belly up with it.

Erm, sorry but you're wrong again.Slammer opened throughout Thrill Chill last year, and worked well on opening day.

Sorry for Double Post, but Slammer opened for the first time in the year today :) . Still yet to see any activity at Stealth though currently.

Stealth was testing on Friday, successfully. Hopefully it will open to the public soon. I didn't see any test runs on Saturday though.

Erm, sorry but you're wrong again.Slammer opened throughout Thrill Chill last year, and worked well on opening day.

Yes, Slammer was the first ride I went on of the 2008 Thrill Chill. (Opening weeken- Sunday)It was really frosty meaning that the rollercoasters couldn't open until later in the day, and Slammer was about the only ride that kept going all day without down-time :)