Thorpe Park Website

Chloebell

When a major ride is down, they put it up on the info bar.

I haven't checked the official site much this year but I havent actually seen rides unavailable on the info bar this year at all. Samurai wasn't mentioned, I didn't see Tidal Wave or Slammer mentioned or Stealth when that was down. Is it definately being used for major rides?

I haven't checked the official site much this year but I havent actually seen rides unavailable on the info bar this year at all. Samurai wasn't mentioned, I didn't see Tidal Wave or Slammer mentioned or Stealth when that was down. Is it definately being used for major rides?

The only time I've seen it was when Saw Alive was closed for the media day on 13th August.Then again, there haven't been many days when ride have been down and I haven't checked it much either. :rolleyes:

Ive seen stealth on it at the start of the year when it had its problems

Which leads to more guests being unhappy. One of the few changes this year which is just wrong all round...

Not really, the only people who need to know are the guests in the park and if they see it advertised whilst queueing at admissions they know. I'm sure my mum doesnt need to know as she has no plans to go in the forseeable future.

Not really, the only people who need to know are the guests in the park and if they see it advertised whilst queueing at admissions they know. I'm sure my mum doesnt need to know as she has no plans to go in the forseeable future.

What's this got to do with your mum...? It's helpful to know for people who are planning to go soon to see which rides are unavailable, so if one of two of their favourites aren't running they can wait until they're back up again before going. Simple as.

^ Agreed, and also with the park being so close to Chessington, I'm sure if a major ride was down, more than a few would either change the date, or head a couple of junctions down.

If they want to go to Thorpe Park chances are they want thrill rides, a diversion to cwoa wouldnt really help them would it :rolleyes:

Of course, that's if you weren't going to Chessington in the first place :D

Indeed, vast majority dont though :rolleyes:I dont see the argument here, major rides are allways put on the site, even now theres a message from the other day

PLEASE NOTE: Stealth will be unavailable on/between 23rd September and 25th September. But don’t forget all our other awesome rides! CLICK HERE

I dont see the argument here, major rides are allways put on the site, even now theres a message from the other day

The argument being the very opposite of what you just said - they don't always but major rides on there!And what do you define as major exactly? If say, Detonator and Samurai were down - would they be advertised? Are they 'major enough'? What about Tidal Wave? Because if they aren't classed as major, and all 3 were down on a warm enough day, the majority of people would very disappointed.

• 5 months later...

iPhone app update! Fingers crossed it actually works this season.I imagine we'll see an update with the website soon too.

Updated mine, thankfully Storm Surge has been put into the Thrilling & Fun category and not the Extreme Thrills category. The app actually says that Queue times are only available on the park now, which is good. Plus retina display support!

They should update their website really, Saw Alive is still 'new for 2010', Storm Surge is still just a picture on a page, It's not included in full ride listing. and apprently its still 'coming in 2011'. Last I checked it was already open!

The website updated this morning. Only minor changes really, scrolling text has been removed, so only way to find out if a ride is closed is via the iPhone App.

Not a fan of the ugly Facebook box, but I guess, this is where it's going these days. Nice to see some videos of the rides, would be great for new comers planning on a trip to the park.Also, 'SAMURAI is closed at the mo, but don't worry it'll be back soon in all its awesomeness!' ;)