Video Games.

Ricky

^ It's not game shooting themselves in the foot. It's that they cannot get credit insurance, so those suppliers are unwilling to provide.Essentially exactly what Woolworths had on them. If they can't sort this out fast, it'll be a matter of time til Game gets the plug pulled on it.

EA doesn't own Call of Duty, Activision does...Were you mixing it up with Battlefield?

They're essentially the same game, so yes... Simple mistake when I don't particuarly care for either series...Point still stands, but we don't know if it's EA or Game's fault here... It's well-known that game companies want to remove the trade market from the industry, but on the other hand, Game have been renowned for being a bit awful too...Oh wells, someone will pick it up if Game die...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wii U

Posted Image

So it's E3 this week (where video game companies show off their new toys for the future), and Nintendo have shown the Wii U in a special press conference before their main show. At this conference they confirmed many details about the Wii U which can be found in this bbc news article http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-18319429. I'm very very excited about this!

So it's like a PSP made by Nintendo (at first glance). Isn't that a bit backward? I thought the future was holograms and virtual reality ;)

Nope because it's used WITH the wii as a controller rather than a separate games console.

I am not a fan of the idea so far...

It looks alright so far... I'm intrigued by it and might well be tempted if the launch games are decent... Some decent potential and hell, new Pikmin game :wub:

Also, Watch Dogs looks amazing... Not really followed what Microsoft and Sony said because, it was probably not worth my time...

Pikmin 3 looks wonderful, New Super Mario Bros U looks stunning in HD, ZombiU has so much potential and looks brilliant! Then there's the third party games such as Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City which will be pretty cool, and they're just some of the games coming out in the launch window :D

• 3 weeks later...

Played Oblivion after around 7 months of leaving it today, and its amazing how far Bethesda has come with AI, Storytelling, Combat and Animation in 6 years. Looking at it now after becoming so accustomed to Skyrim, Oblivion is just, weird, The combat is clunky, The animation is horrible, and the general world design is extremely repetitive, also, lets not forget the NPCs, for the most part, the voice acting is rather bland, the fact that there are only two voices to most races is extremely odd, and apart from the great performances from Wes Johnson, the delivery of different lines is done with barely any emotion, another strange thing, is the way the NPC's stand completely still while never removing there eyes from you during dialogue, its a tad unsettling. As I said earlier, the combat is awful clunky, it leaves no impact what so ever, It often feels like your just swinging your sword at them, instead of hitting them, the lack of duel wielding seems strange, and although this was probably something that couldn't be done with the archaic Gamebryo engine, it seems weird not being able to duel wield. The story of Oblivion gets really boring after a while, with the quests just boiling down to asking people for help. Saying all this, you may think that I hate Oblivion, but no, Oblivion will always be a fantastic game and an incredible achievement for the time when it was made. Its hard to believe that Oblivion and Skyrim are even part of the same hardware generation, it just shows how far Bethesda, and the industry as a whole, has come in six years.

Although...

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump!

Been playing Pokemon White 2 a lot recently (traded in the first one at HMV and got this for £5!). I'm really enjoying this a lot more than I have any other Pokemon games. I'm currently at Victory Road and my team so far is:

Emboar, Level 61

Posted Image

Sneasel, Level 44

Posted Image

Eelektrik, Level 51

Posted Image

Lucario, Level 64

Posted Image

Staryu, Level 50

Posted Image

Golurk, Level 48

Posted Image