Video Games.

Ricky

Just finished Arkham Asylum in time for my City romp, coming up hopefully on monday. Hopefully the new ones a bit longer than Asylum, and I have to say the final boss on Asylum was a bit too easy for me - kill guards, pull down joker, punch him in the face, repeat 3 times.Not a bad ending, I was just expecting more after all the great things running up to it (SCARECROW <3), and I hope City doesn't make me jump off my sofa and **** my pants.That is all, but all in all Arkham Asylum is one of the best games I've ever played.And I've played a lot ;) ...

Finished the story campaign of Batman: Arkham City and this game is amazing and ****s hard on Batman: Arkham Asylum. There is so much to do what with story mode, side missions, saving kidnapped hostages, solving riddles and finding clues, Catwoman missions and challenge maps. And with more dlc coming in the next few months, its unlikely you'll be bored with Arkham City anytime soon.I'm getting Assassin's Creed: Revelations, which if anyone here has played AC1, AC2 and AC: Brotherhood, then they will know how amazing Unisoft is at keeping the franchise fresh and innovative and interesting for new and returning fans. It's highly rumoured that SONY is making a proper, big-budget movie based on the Assassin's Creed developed by Ubisoft (Game Dev) and with the amazing Prince of Persia film, which was based on the game, also made by Ubisoft, one can beg to wonder, how amazing the film will look too.

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim is bloody heavenly; this is the first time I've been off it long enough to come on the internet since getting it yesterday :( Played until 3:30 am last night, slept for 4 hours, then carried on all through today! I'm just utterly speechless; even having played Morrowind and Oblivion and then following the development of Skyrim for the past year and seeing everything it would feature, nothing could prepare me. It's insane. And I'm very happy the 360 version is more buggy than the PS3 one - I've had no problems so far! And the soundtrack is just beautiful - I'm playing with my huge nerdy Sennheiser headphones and it sounds exquisite.In awe :)

Skyrim is bloody heavenly; this is the first time I've been off it long enough to come on the internet since getting it yesterday :P Played until 3:30 am last night, slept for 4 hours, then carried on all through today! I'm just utterly speechless; even having played Morrowind and Oblivion and then following the development of Skyrim for the past year and seeing everything it would feature, nothing could prepare me. It's insane. And I'm very happy the 360 version is more buggy than the PS3 one - I've had no problems so far! And the soundtrack is just beautiful - I'm playing with my huge nerdy Sennheiser headphones and it sounds exquisite.In awe :)

How are the PS3 graphics? Haven't encountered many bugs on the 360 so far, and even if I do they don't take much away from the experience. All I've seen so far is the trademark teleporting mammoth and my face disappearing during a couple of conversations :( Nothing major though, if anything they just make it more amusing. Insane game though, and really not what I needed during a busy A Level period. :(

Finished Arkham City's story. Even it felt really short, or I was just wanting to plough through it in the end.Either way, interesting way to finish it, wonder if there will be any future games of it. Still got to do all the Riddler stuff of course though. Grinding isn't the funnest of things ever, but hey, got a few more days till Skyward Sword.

Skyrim is bloody heavenly; this is the first time I've been off it long enough to come on the internet since getting it yesterday :) Played until 3:30 am last night, slept for 4 hours, then carried on all through today! I'm just utterly speechless; even having played Morrowind and Oblivion and then following the development of Skyrim for the past year and seeing everything it would feature, nothing could prepare me. It's insane. And I'm very happy the 360 version is more buggy than the PS3 one - I've had no problems so far! And the soundtrack is just beautiful - I'm playing with my huge nerdy Sennheiser headphones and it sounds exquisite.In awe :(

Sennheiser <3I got my 205's today after realising what pieces of ****e my skullcandy's are. Bloody things break after not even a month. It says its a subwoofer in there, hmm. Semms more like they've stuck an old Rumble Pak in there :(

How are the PS3 graphics? Haven't encountered many bugs on the 360 so far, and even if I do they don't take much away from the experience. All I've seen so far is the trademark teleporting mammoth and my face disappearing during a couple of conversations :( Nothing major though, if anything they just make it more amusing. Insane game though, and really not what I needed during a busy A Level period. :(

The graphics are great, they look really good. So far I've noticed grand total of one texture pop but that was my console screwing up (went into slight meltdown, it does that sometimes). But yeah, brilliant detail, huge draw distance and no screen tearing. Very pleased :P After all the speculation and worry about how the PS3 one would be what with Oblivion and FO3 being less than perfect, it seems flawless all round - no lag, no game-breaking glitches and no save file size issues by the looks of it. There are people even questioning if it's a port at all or a nearly entirely custom build for the PS3, that's how good it is :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so this is an online game but whatever :(http://www.kongregate.com/games/IcyLime/multitaskWow! SO additctive! :D I got 95 on my first go and just got 131 as my highest score, but I must drag myslf away from it for the time being!What I find quite intriguing is that the game is a LOT like what my brain feels like constantly, with loads of things going on at once, trying to make sense of it all and control it, add the crazy music...argh! So why do I love the game so much? Maybe it's "feeding" my brain, acting as a stimulant; so basically it's like self-medication/therapy :P I do actually feel much better after that, more alert and in less of a fog. Gimme caffeine and I may even feel normal :oAnyway sorry, kinda went off topic there :D

Still playing Skyrim, its fantastic but.......Actually, I'll leave it there. Playing on PS3, save file is 10mb+ and I have had not one single problem :) No lag, no texture pops, no weird glitches, no game-breaking quest errors... Life is sweet. Best game ever. Still.Also, new SSX 17th Feb next year. Looks AMAZING - I must have a thing for mountains!

Still playing Skyrim, its fantastic but.......Actually, I'll leave it there. Playing on PS3, save file is 10mb+ and I have had not one single problem :o No lag, no texture pops, no weird glitches, no game-breaking quest errors... Life is sweet. Best game ever. Still.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging off the game, to be honest, most of my bugs are probably caused by the fact that it eats up my Macs resources, and that's why I'm saving for an m17x...Also,
:)

• 2 months later...

On Feburary 9th, the games industry lost a fantastic artist, who pretty much created the worlds that we see in Fallout 3 and Skyrim.Adam Adamowicz died from lung cancer, he was 43.Bethesda has set up a memorial page for him on their website, it shows all of his concept art from Fallout 3 and Skyrim: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/adam/He will be missed.