Video Games.

Ricky

Well after looking into things a little bit more - I am completely gunning for the Xbox One. Yes Sony destroyed them at E3 but people are looking at the bad aspects when in reality in the modern world those 'bad aspects' are not actually a problem and it gives a lot more scope for future development.

Well after looking into things a little bit more - I am completely gunning for the Xbox One. Yes Sony destroyed them at E3 but people are looking at the bad aspects when in reality in the modern world those 'bad aspects' are not actually a problem and it gives a lot more scope for future development.

So not being able to share games with friends/borrow games/buy pre-owned games/sell your games, having to be connected to the internet for the console to be used, having the kinnect camera on at all times, have to sign in every 24 hours, paying more for online (PS4 you have to get PS+ but you get free stuff too) and having to pay almost £100 more for the console is "not actually a problem in the modern world"? :o

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to chose Xbox One over the PS4, unless it's for the exclusives which do look quite good.

I would love to hear why you'd prefer the Xbox One Peaj! :)

Certainly Ryan and your argument is very similar to many peoples - I will break it down as best I can.

So not being able to share games with friends/borrow games/buy pre-owned games/sell your games,

This is where Microsoft couldn't get the point across but you can do these things!. It's easier to explain if you take discs out the equation. So let's say this is a discless console for easier explanation. If you buy a game you and everyone on your console can play it (like you would normally). Now this is where it gets exciting, this game you have bought you can share with 10 people in your 'family' so basically your friends who you would play with. Generally to share/ borrow a game you would take the disc to your mate's but due to the access of the cloud you can allow your 'family' to play it without having to see them to hand over a disc. But only one of your family can play it a time. Look at it like this.

Ryan buys Titanfall so gets the primary license rights whenever Ryan wants to play it he can without any hassle. However Peaj, Mark9 & Pluk want to borrow the game from you. Peaj can log in and play it from the crowd as I'm in Ryans circle of friends e.g. borrowing the game and can play it the same time as Ryan is. However as they are the secondary licesnse holders - Mark9 and Pluk will have to wait for Peaj to stop playing that game until they can have a go. But in the meantime can play any other game from your 'shared library.' This is great news in my opinion as games I have wanted to play that my mates get I have to wait for them to finish it until I get it but now I can play along with them. Rather than Two consoles needed one copy of the game - One copy of the game can be played at the same time on two consoles. Hope that makes sense.

Selling and Trading can still be done if it's Microsoft games but for 3rd party games they can if they want to restrict it. If they did the likilihood would be that whilst it's new it can't be resold straight away but they will lift the barriers up as it gets older. (However you can still share with your circle of friends) For retailers to stay in the game if you sell a game to a shop then they will put a code into a database to take access off your machine (and circle of friends with your copy) so the new owner can play it.

having to be connected to the internet for the console to be used

If you don't have internet then this is a big problem - I must agree but as I know I have internet then this is not an issue for me. Also the way the country is heading the majority of people will be online anyway and in day to day life now internet plays a part just to do simple things. It's the way things will be heading forward, they are just moving with the times, and unless you do not have internet (and at the moment you wouldn't know too much detail about all this if you don't have internet) then negative reaction to this is in my opinion the fear of change.

having the kinnect camera on at all times

This can be paused/ turned off, if you feel the camera is spying on you.

have to sign in every 24 hours

It's very rare nowadays for the internet to go down and if it does, you can sign in by connecting it up to your mobile. It literally only uses a few kilobytes so will in no way eat up your data allowance. This also means through your mobile you can take your XBONE to somewhere without internet connection (even though this device is designed to stay in your living room)

paying more for online (PS4 you have to get PS+ but you get free stuff too)

I see it as the same for me as I don't know what the free stuff is. They are both around the same price so yeah....

and having to pay almost £100 more for the console

However XBONE comes with the Kinect and PS4 you need to get the eye seperately. PS4 and eye together comes to £400 which if you want motion control is £30 less. Also I find the Kinect is a much more sophisticated device than the eye and has a lot more potential with what you can do with it (Thinking right now of potential Illumirooms and the interaction between the device and the heavily rumoured augmented reality glasses down the line)

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to chose Xbox One over the PS4, unless it's for the exclusives which do look quite good.

The exclusives that Playstation had at one point that I was really into was Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. But these go through both platforms now so both would be on equal terms there. However as you said there are more exclusives on the XBONE at the moment and I'm liking the look of Quantum Break & Project Spark. The playstation's exclusives have not really drawn me too much yet to be honest.

I would love to hear why you'd prefer the Xbox One Peaj! :)

And that is why currently I prefer the XBONE to the PS4 at this moment in time. Microsoft have kept mentioning looking to the future and potential plans they have for it. If you think of the 360 just think of the extra amount of features that now has to when it first came out for example. PS4 as a gaming machine with the specs just slightly wins it on it's power as a solid games machine but XBONE I believe is much more than just a gaming machine with the other multimedia cross overs they have with it and I can see it developing into something quite amazing as the years go on. In a way I wonder if they are trying to carve out their own niche like Nintendo have done. I also think it's a possibility it could be a bit ahead of it's time trying to go digital and through the cloud - a bit like PS3 did with the Blu-Ray, but as the recent years go on and the things they are proposing become more the norm, I think they have built something that can last a bit longer into the future.

• 8 months later...

I must confess to recently getting really into the Lego games. I started off by buying the Harry Potter Years 1-4 and 5-7, and have literally played 5-7 almost non stop since it first entered my PS3! I'm two trophies and a few hidden crest parts away from completing the game to 100%!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Games I've been playing:

Assassin's Creed Unity and Rogue

Far Cry 4

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Infamous: Second Son

Watch_Dogs

This year, I'll be getting:

Assassin's Creed: Victory

Batman: Arkham Knight

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Uncharted 4

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Secret Exit's 'Turbo Dismount' perfectly demonstrates why you should NEVER ride a tricycle (or any other vehicle) straight into the freeway!

10872946_1409325976032899_26300485285045

^ This was taken a split-second before that car slammed into this poor guy, sending him flying straight into the side of another vehicle, smashing him to little pieces.

So my WiiU has been getting a lot of action recently. I've pretty much played Super Mario Galaxy 2 non stop since I bought it for the bargain price of £8.99 three weeks ago. I'm going to just say it It's my favourite game of all time. Sure at a time it's frustrating but whenever I've got hard to reach stars, it's been pure joy and it's somewhat amazing. I'm currently at 102 yellow stars and just trying to get everything before I face the final boss challenge.

I'm also playing Toads Treasure Tracker, an amazing little puzzle game which is utterly charming and adorable but also challenging in its own right, Hyrule Warriors, a slash em up that lets you get lots of frustration out in one go. In between these new games I'm continualy playing Super Smash Bros for the U which is one hell of a game and Mario Kart 8 which is pretty addictive.

Here's a videa of quite a race between me and Dan9. He's Roy and I'm Green Shy Guy.

Love my WiiU

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently playing Far Cry 4 on PS4, and I am loving it! I had so much fun with Far Cry 3, that I bought this one, and I love it so much. I never thought riding an elephant whilst shooting people with a bow and arrow could entertain me so much. Definitely worth a buy!
I've also recently updated my PC, and so am looking at PC games to buy. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! I already have FIFA, Loadout, Team Fortress.
I'm looking at Project Cars when that comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...