SAW: Alive

Marc

Oh right.By the way, I had my best experience by far on Saw Alive on Sunday. It was a very quiet day, with absolutely no queue, so we were asked whether we wanted go in by ourselves or wait for a queue to build. It was just the three of us, and I must say it is great with smaller groups.The maze itself was very good, as the actors were really getting into their roles. Considering this was right at the end of the day, I must thank them for staying enthusiastic and energetic. They were brilliant compared to other visits in which they have just touched you a bit or said "boo". All the effects were working, as they have all year it seems, and I finally got to feel the chill when entering the freezer room. I noticed a lot more as well in the detailed scenes too. Good all round, really, bar the unfitting guitar music. What's more, I actually found it a fun attraction. :unsure:

The whole 'less people' thing is standard for any maze to be honest. The less people there are, the more time the actor can devote to each person, thus improving the experience. Also, there's less time between the front and back, thus adding to the surprise. Being in a group of say, 10, and being at the back, and hearing the person at the front scream, the scare will be ruined. Being in a group of 4, you will experience the scare at the same time.Simples. :lol:

The whole 'less people' thing is standard for any maze to be honest. The less people there are, the more time the actor can devote to each person, thus improving the experience. Also, there's less time between the front and back, thus adding to the surprise. Being in a group of say, 10, and being at the back, and hearing the person at the front scream, the scare will be ruined. Being in a group of 4, you will experience the scare at the same time.Simples. :)

Oh my gosh why are you trying to start an argument with me Joshua C? Gaaaah again? :lol: baha.I do agree. However I also think it's because the actors have less people to work with, therefore they can scare all of them instead of just two, etcetc.

• 3 weeks later...

Went on Saw Alive yesterday afternoon; I thought it was much improved from earlier on in the season. The actors were great, except for one who thought it'd be scary to tickle me. We were in a group of eight, four of whom were absolute wimps and screamed at every little thing, was very funny to watch!

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion I actually liked Saw:Alive The queueing was quite good, queueing in a cage type maze with circular barb wire on topInside the woman briefed us about not hurting the scare actors, and to be honest was determined to hug one of them.Then we got ushered into the next room where we all gathered around Billy the doll on the tricycle, I was so sure when the lights go out he was going to do something but thankfully not.The next room saw Jigsaw on a screen briefing us, then I saw a woman with a hood up and her head down saying "I'll be watching you"The next room featured the classic foot trap from Saw I a man was screaming as he was cutting off his foot, and there was a second man crouched down, who managed to create a really loud bang to shock us all.The next room featured the electric corridor which as far as I know is similar to the electric staircase from Saw II and as far as I can remember this is the room where there floor vibrates, which was enjoyable.The next room featured the freezer room from Saw III, nothing actually happened in this room because we moved really fast through it, I think our leader was scared.The next room featured the mausolium room from Saw IV where a man let out some muffled screams, because his mouth was sewed up.The next room featured the pendulum trap from Saw V, where a man was laying on the table with his intestines where hanging out the lights went off then he was gone, then the lights came on and he jumped on the table screaming at us.The next room featured the carousel trap from Saw VI, where alot of actors touching you and screaming at you happened and the carousel spun and the guns shot air at you.The final room was the photo room and way out.There was a lot of scare actors in there who touched and screamed at you alot actually moved more like zombies, and a pigman who snorted in my ear.Lots of smoke and strobes, but poor lighting, many none or orange.Overall good maze and good rock music!!8/10

I dont see why thorpe would just get rid of saw alive when the lease is up! If I were them I would (in 5years) turn it into a haunted looking belle and instead of having actors have automated stuff like alot of TOTT is at the begining. I feel this is a much better idea than just getting rid of it. If you added air cannons etc you could make a full on haunted house/mill!

The Belle doesn't really have that much potential to be honest. It's restricted to one floor as a maze, unless you have basically no theming whatsoever, and probably requires more H&S check then most other buildings. It's great that Thorpe have done this and effectively used the Belle, but it doesn't really have as much potential as you may think.

Agree with the curse!!!I wonder if they will do anything with saw alive for 2011 or if it will be identical? (odds on being the same but I can dream!)

I think we can see Saw Alive slowly decrease in quality (as hard as that may be for some to believe :P). The Entertainments Department will probably have other things they want to invest in as the years roll on by, especially if it's only a 'quick fix'.We may see one more room to represent Saw 3D, but that's unlikely in my eyes. Also, with that being the last Saw film, I can see the franchise it self becoming less popular, and that reflecting towards the attractions.

And I think that will be the same with Saw.

Have you seen the trailer for the new one?It literally is gonna be a corny 3-D film... Especially judging by one of the scenes... Even in 2-D I could tell what was meant to be jumping out of the screen...Oh I dislike 3-D films...And I doubt Saw could EVER hope to reach the same popularity as Potter... There's such a little comparison especially due to the massive difference in target audiences (let alone that Potter basically encompasses EVERYONE!)...

Have you seen the trailer for the new one?It literally is gonna be a corny 3-D film... Especially judging by one of the scenes... Even in 2-D I could tell what was meant to be jumping out of the screen...Oh I dislike 3-D films...And I doubt Saw could EVER hope to reach the same popularity as Potter... There's such a little comparison especially due to the massive difference in target audiences (let alone that Potter basically encompasses EVERYONE!)...

Yes but no matter how bad the trailer may look alot of people are going to see it because it's saw.. and people like saw.And I didn't mean them having the same popularity at all, and I wasn't comparing the films, I was saying people are still going to like the films even after they have finished releasing new ones and that it probably won't affect the attractions either.

This reminds me of the user of Wikipedia who keeps throwing tantrums because people write "Saw: The Ride" instead of "Saw - The Ride". :P I keep having to revert his edits that insist: "sometimes the ride is incorrectly named 'Saw: The Ride'". Who gives a damn? :P

Obviously you if you keep changing it back. :P