SAW: Alive

Marc

Its nothing like CATCF :P

What I mean is, the floor in the elevator is basically a larger version, its the say mechanism in the maze, just the mazes' has been made smaller, where there is a piece of flooring detatched from the rest with the mechanism which moves it underneath, much like the floor in the CATCF elevator.

The floor does not move!? Posted Image

It does, but sometimes people go across either to slowly or to fast to feel the effect, because they time it to go off every now and again. I went through it once and I didnt have it go off, but it does move.

To be honest, you're going into a horror maze. You expect something a little (sorry for the pun) shocking. I'm pretty sure that on the sign and just before you enter the maze, staff would say that "this attraction uses smoke, strobe lighting and electric shock effects, and anyone with asthma, pacemakers, epilepsy should not enter..."It wouldn't be that bad really, just a little pop. I know some argue that it would be abused, with people pushing each other on the fences and that, so maybe just having it on the gate would have been better, but hey-ho/

To be honest, you're going into a horror maze. You expect something a little (sorry for the pun) shocking

Well, one could argue that if the acting was up to scratch, they wouldn't even need to touch you in order to scare you or shock you, let alone as bad as a gimmick as electrocuting your guests. HHN doesn't touch, or shock you and it makes Saw Alive look pathetic.

Well, one could argue that if the acting was up to scratch, they wouldn't even need to touch you in order to scare you or shock you, let alone as bad as a gimmick as electrocuting your guests. HHN doesn't touch, or shock you and it makes Saw Alive look pathetic.

Whilst this is true, for Thorpe, an effect is an effect and at least it would be something that is... different. Not the best argument I know, but I would have liked to have seen an electric shock included. :P

• 2 months later...

Last year, I slated Saw Alive. From the rubbish queueline, to the random rock music and scenes with characters who were stuck in the confusion of being a victim and still trying to appear threatening and intimidating.I went through this today towards the end and was surprised by what I experienced. The first difference I noticed was the stench. The smells have been amped up (or just replaced and become more noticeable) which was disgusting and a really cool effect. I'd never noticed them that much before.Secondly, there's no rock music. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they're using the interior music for Saw: the ride and it fits well, making it particularly creepy in most scenes.Next, there were quite a few, perhaps more subtle lighting changes (from what I remember, although it could simply be the actors taking more of an advantage over them). It felt a lot darker in there in a lot of places, and this was not due to the smoke, which was still there at a healthy level, but was not used as much as at points last year, when you couldn't see the floor. The most memorable lighting effect was during the pendulum scene, where the lights faded out into pitch darkness. When the lights came back on, the actor that was lying on the table had disappeared, only to lunge at us, unsuspectingly from behind. This brings me onto my next point...The whole direction of the actors and their performance was much improved on last year. Whether this was because it was their first day with guests, new job, ect, or whether they have worked on the direction for the actors and the use of the space, I'm not sure, but the actors were good today. Before they would wave their hand in my face, twitch slightly, moan.... but today, they were violent, twisted and came across as mentally unhinged. If any actors are out there reading this, well done for today as you were all really good. Of course, I could have been totally lucky and you guys will go tomorrow and find the maze unchanged and mediocre in its entirety. :unsure:

Definitely been improved for this year!

• Blood trail on the floor
  • Actor in Electric Corridor climbing up fences etc
  • Actors used the lighting brilliantly
  • Security guard in first room was AMAZING, person at the front (me) had to push the red button which started off a Jigsaw tape and security man was panicking etc.
  • Actors were very creepy and made us jump loads.
  • No rock music = A++ atmosphere

• 3 weeks later...

I was very pleased with new updates this year and they've changed loads and different maze inside I found because it was awsome ! And the female actors where nice :) and kept us all entertained and couldn't believe got lost I never do in there !! Lol Is the last room filmed on the new movie does anyone know ??

I do like the story line I was told... found it to be quite amusing

'You have are in Jigsaws basement, people are dying in there and you have to save them and find your away out.'Someone pushed the red button.'Oh well Done! thanks to this idiot at the front, you now only have 3 minutes to escape, Now hurry hurry, MOVE!!!'Quite hilerious as its on a boat, not undereath a building :)

I do like the story line I was told... found it to be quite amusing

'You have are in Jigsaws basement, people are dying in there and you have to save them and find your away out.'Someone pushed the red button.'Oh well Done! thanks to this idiot at the front, you now only have 3 minutes to escape, Now hurry hurry, MOVE!!!'Quite hilerious as its on a boat, not undereath a building :)

Yeah that was very good had the same :( nice part