Fastrack

AHW

Question

• Answers 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think fastrack is a good idea, In the end the more u pay the more priviliges u get. I never need to buy fastrack but if I was going on a busy day I would buy fastrack, As long as the queuelines are being run well and the fastrack system works I cannot see a problem with it. The easy answer is go on quiet days or if your at school go on inset days :o

I think fastrack is a good idea, In the end the more u pay the more priviliges u get. I never need to buy fastrack but if I was going on a busy day I would buy fastrack, As long as the queuelines are being run well and the fastrack system works I cannot see a problem with it. The easy answer is go on quiet days or if your at school go on inset days :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah I must agree. Thorpe want you to make the best out of your day so give people the opportunities to skip the queue and buy fasttrack. Not too many people seem to buy fasttrack so it doesn't really affect the normal queueline.

Chaz, that's all well and good, but there is more to businesses than crude money making, something that seems to be increasingly overlooked across the board, not just with theme parks.

sure, it could be better however, they have no real NEED to make the theming outstanding

That's one of the main problems with the industry over here. Tussauds have a monopoly; they can get away with doing sweet FA, because people don't know any better. Theming can totally make or break a park. Take Chessington for example, without the theming (which admittedly it is now loosing, thanks Tussauds) it is just a park full of fairly mediocre rides. The theming makes it what it is. It generates a buzz, an atmosphere, something Thorpe is dreadfully lacking in.The atmosphere, the excitement created would without a doubt enhance a guest's day, giving them a better view of the park, and making them more likely to return and recommend it to friends. Remember, word of mouth is bar far the most powerful form advertising.These repeat visits and recommendations would have a positive effect on Tussauds' profit margins, which as you say is their primary goal.

why spend it if you dont have to?

By spending more money on theming, an effect like the above would be seen. This could draw customers away from rival parks which in turn creates competition, the rival park will want those customers back. Therefore, they up standards too, the only way to keep a industry moving is to continually up standards, to innovate as a business in an attempt to stick your nose out in front, otherwise the industry will end up slumping.Or, in short, got to spend money to make money!

Heres a comparison. People come off Flying Fish with a sort of unhappy smirk on their faces.Whilst on the Runaway train and the RMT at Alton which are properly themed rides they get a lot of praise and even cheering as they are well designed rides.

yeah I must agree. Thorpe want you to make the best out of your day so give people the opportunities to skip the queue and buy fasttrack. Not too many people seem to buy fasttrack so it doesn't really affect the normal queueline.

You obviously didn't read what I said then. Lots of people buy fastrack and even if they didn't on the low throughput world that is Thorpe Park queues are still heavily effected by even a small number of fastrackers.

Heres a comparison. People come off Flying Fish with a sort of unhappy smirk on their faces.Whilst on the Runaway train and the RMT at Alton which are properly themed rides they get a lot of praise and even cheering as they are well designed rides. You obviously didn't read what I said then. Lots of people buy fastrack and even if they didn't on the low throughput world that is Thorpe Park queues are still heavily effected by even a small number of fastrackers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on rides such as the rollercoasters or other rides with a low through put I agree with what you say. But rides such as slammer fasttrack surely it shouldn't affect it too much. I haven't bought fasttrack since 3 years ago, could you remind me how it works. Are you given a time at which to turn up at the ride? Or can you just go when you want?

I agree, you do need to spend money to make it, thats why they install new rollercoasters every few years, too keep people coming through the gates. They try to do this as simply as possible. Basically, their view on things applys mostly to the people that will only visit a few times a year, because thats higher then the perentage that visit often.I also agree with the fact that theming can make a ride what it is & I think thats true. However tussauds will do the minimum they can, because they've already bulit a ?12million coaster thats going to attract millions, I know I've said this before but the theming will still be kept to a minimum. Take rush for example, its a great ride and sells itself, it dosent really need much theming to make it stand out or look better. It could have theming to make it look really outstanding, but in truth - people dont notice it as much as we do.However things like Tidal Wave need theming, could you imagne it just being nothing, no theming, no music, nothing. The ride would be stuck, because theres nothing really that special about it, sure, its a great ride - but the theming really does make it what it is. On the other hand that could be said about most rides if they had better theming. But as long as thorpe get as many people they can into the park on peak days, I dont think they're going to take note of what the people want to see, as its not a matter at the moment. Not slating thorpe here obviousy, they do try to get the information from the people that have been there via leaflets that you can fill out. But a small handful will not make a major company like tussauds change their minds."The atmosphere, the excitement created would without a doubt enhance a guest's day, giving them a better view of the park, and making them more likely to return and recommend it to friends. Remember, word of mouth is bar far the most powerful form advertising." Sure, it does indeed enhance the magic of the day. But for someone to really know HOW they can expand the general theming it will not notice the inadqauate theming. Sorry to say, but the people that go there every so often dont study the park as we do. They are oblivious to the fact that the theming could be better, sure - they may understand a few things, but nowhere near as in depth as we do?As for the advertising, I belive thorpe is doing an outstanding advertising job. People do tell friends & family about the experiences (good or bad) but I think they have an amazing marketing team thats able to sell the park. Think about it, thorpe have adverts, posters, nearly every aspect of advertsing to boost the parks income. It must work otherwise they wouldnt pour money into it, to (like you said) get money out of it."These repeat visits and recommendations would have a positive effect on Tussauds' profit margins, which as you say is their primary goal."Thats all true, as is why they advertise annual passes with such effect. But still, I'm not saying they do need to add theming to make such a place 'special' for thet people that come often, and they DO need to invest in that soon, as people are now coming more and more as it grows larger and starts to earn more - they can afford to splash out a bit.This all links to fastrack really, as it was moved onto theming. Fastrack is nothing to the park, they dont need to put money into it, all they recive is money coming out of it, so the park does take a huge intrest into it - they advertise it and sell it well, so they're making loads.However, if you were a huge company, would you rather earn more for yourself, or invest cash into the park, with theming etc to attract more people. Sure, its a good investment, but they are already attracting the max amout of people on peak days, they have no need to make it better, people are happy, they dont take note?Prahaps when the park grows larger and more people come they can invest more, as people will see it more often and would like to see more. Overall, yes, it can be made better. But they simply dont need it right now, why waste it when people aside us are not going to take notice? "Every parks supposed to make a profit, the difference is Thorpe are already making a profit, so why have the fastrack prices increase every 3 months. If Thorpe had built high capacity rides to cope then fine, they haven't. Parks Like Europa don't do it and they get an incredibly healthy attendence, compared to Thorpe that has a very bad consistency."Quite simply because they can always make MORE. More people are coming, more rides are coming, they can afford to bump up prices due to the size, and capacity of the park. As for the rides, they dont really need high capacity at the moment, in my opinion, they are not nearly as big enough yet. Its not just about making a profit, then calling it a day, they always want more, its the whole concept of it!In conclusion, tussauds has so many other ways of making money to back itself up, they can afford to cut corners, the majority of people are happy with prices, so why should they lower them? Or why should they spend money on theming?theres simply no need.the quicker they can make cash, entertain you and make you happy enough to spend money. They have no need to worry, until the park expands and people come more often from all over.edit; sorry for the lack of 'big words' & proper writing styles its early ]:

The reason I'm asking this is because I haven't bought fasttrack in a long time now, but once you buy it for each set are you given a time to turn up at each ride or can you go whenever. Also when you turn up do you join onto the front of the queue, or if not how long is the wait? Apologies if this question has been asked or something before but I'm visiting thorpe park in a few weeks and I might get fasttrack depending on the business, I want to make sure I use fasttrack correctly :o thanks.

If only one person from fastrack goes for Front row, they will ask for a group of two or 3 from the front row queue before going to single riders.Anyway if you use fastrack on Inferno when its from the exit you won't have a choice of what seat your in anyway.

I always thought the fasttrack for inferno wasn't very good, you join the queue only about half way through the queue isnt it?Whats the exit entrance your on about?H-B

I personally love fasttrack. I don't go to the park too often, at the most 2-3 times a year, but if you save up for ultimate fasttrack every now and then its sooo much better than it normally is.I do feel guilty pissing people off by fasttracking, but the fact you literally can ride tons of rides completely overthrows the guilt, which is replaced by satisfaction :)Whos with me in supporting fasttrack??Of course normally when I go to thorpe park I can't afford ultimate fasttrack, which means I have to queue for a bit, but on inset days the queues arent too bad, and anyway, If everyone could afford fasttrack every time they went, it wouldn't be fast anymore. They need to keep prices up, to keep fasttrack queus down.H-B

I hadn't actually thought about that... Bloody good idea!! :unsure:But I guess if they sold less of them, for less money, they would make quite a bit less...

But this is the multi-billion pound company Merlin, and it really wouldn't affect things too much. And anyway, it's meant to be about Customer Satisfaction, not how much extra money Merlin can make.

Fast tracks should once again be free such as in Disneyland ;)Paying £50 is excessiveIs it on top of ticket price too?

Yeah its on top of the ticket price, also the ones in Disneyland are good but you have to queue about 5-10mins to get the ticket and you can't skip the whole queue you still end up queuing at least 10-30mins.Also I would only ever buy UFT at Fright Nights simply becuase its so busy and if you stay untill 10pm you do get quite alot of value for money, even still £50 is expensive.