THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

:) I was hoping that The Swarm would be free from AWFUL PR stunts like this. Why couldn't they have done something more imaginative; like continuing the Lez Cougan theme.What total, utter crap this is though. It's not hard to cut off an arm and leg from some of the ex-Saw Dummies and then stick then in a Swarm seat... *awaits comments from the GP on Facebook & when the ride is open as to how they will not ride the coaster because the dummies arms & legs got chopped off* :) I have no words left to say.

So two people go for £67.20 if booked online, or £52 to go with the inevitable half price vouchers and buy the fastrack when you get there. Why don't Thorpe make buying in advance the cheapest option? Surely it would be to their own advantage as they could massively cut the staff in the ticket booths and also get people to commit regardless of weather on the day.

After reading a post from a member of Coaster Force, I have decided to reconsider how well this marketing strategy will work. The ride is supposed to be scary, that's why it is a 'thrill ride'. One of the main reasons you feel scared on a roller coaster is because you don't feel safe. If some stupid idiot who actually believed this PR went on The Swarm thinking they were unsafe, then darting between all the near misses is going to be pretty damn scary if they remember the news article in The Mirror they read a couple of months prior. Lets face it, as good as this ride looks, it doesn't really have too much to offer. It is the UK's first Winged Coaster and the tallest in Europe, it also has the funky drop but The Swarm has an average speed, length and number of inversions just like most other coasters in the UK. One of the best things about this ride is the incredible themeing and several near misses. If people read or hear about this PR and feel unsafe on the ride then they will most likely be very scared, and as the main purpose of this ride is to scare people, then Thorpe are doing the right thing marketing The Swarm in such a unique way. To be honest, I am going to take back everything I said in my previous post because I think Thorpe have still done the right thing here and The Swarm still has the great reputation is has built up over the past year.Having said that, it's not THAT hard to realize that the front two dummies are a different shape to the others, and the front two are the only ones to actually have limbs anyway. I'm not sure how many people will actually believe this, but it will have a great impact on those who do.

In other news, The Mirror was useful for once! For capturing a snap of this damn sexy beast.Posted ImagePhwoar. DAT TRAIN.Video is meh. Nice to see they're continuing the theme of government conspiracy seeing as pretty much all viral hype was sidelined with the construction in full-swing, so it's nice to know they've not completely disregarded it. Although, that said I want to see some development now. Let's hear more about The Swarm and how they got here, as well as the government's involvement, ja?

Interesting that they've gone for the faces on every row as well, what are we (as riders) actually riding? Or is that thinking too much into it?

Am I making a dense comment when I say we're riding a swarm? Ie- lots of the blighters? Perhaps that is why they've gone for the faces on each row.Also, it has to be said, those crash dummies do remind me of this:

Just curious since they've never definitively explained WHAT the Swarm actually is...Also, the sides of the train are EXACTLY the same as Raptor's but grey... Merlin cost cutting FOR THE WIN! :)

To be honest we could easily have got exactly the same trains as Raptor and the fact that there are some differences is a credit to Thorpe Park. It would have been a lot easier and a lot cheaper to go with a previous design. In any case, it is not as if the Thorpe theming does not go with the standard theming!!! What's not to like?