Mania Hub Chat

Sheepie

• 5 weeks later...

Organized Chat:

When: Tuesday 8th April 2014 - 8PM (I will however myself aim to be in there from Half 7 for pre drinks)

Where: TPM Chat Room

Why: You have made it a nicely used feature again but there was a request for a game and one that was organised as it's been a while even though you are doing a good job yourselves :)

Who: As many of you as possible

What: The Game will be a quiz, Mastermind style but a topic will be set up with a leader board so future Masterminds can try and take over.(So they don't feel so small :P ) Topics of discussion, Smiler Oxidising, Slammers Reliability & More John Wardley :wub: (Plus anything else you desire ;) )

Whoop!: See you there!!!

• 4 months later...

Organized Chat!

Some people have been asking for Chat-related games/quizzes/ice breakers/whatevers, so I'll have a go at organizing one.

So, this Thursday, 7:30pm.  Things will start off with an ice breaker game - Mr and Mrs.  Rules are still being finalized and stuff, but the idea is that you'll pair up with someone (preferably someone who you don't know very well), then chat with them for a few minutes over private chat bit to get to know the person a bit better.  Then there'll be a series of questions, like in the Mr and Mrs game show, that you have to answer about your partner, to see if you've got to know them any better.  The idea will be that you have to PM two sets of answers - your guesses about your partner, as well as your answers about yourself, so that I can compare.  As I say, rules are still being finalised.  (And if this fails miserably, this was LePaige's idea - so it's all her fault ;) ).

After the ice breaker, there'll be a small theme park quiz.  Questions will probably be about all theme parks and rides - ranging from Thorpe Park to Six Flags to Disney.  All a bit of fun of course, just to see how you measure up to others.  

If you'd like to take part, give a quick post so I know not to start without you.  Or, if people want to see a different time, just say - the majority may decide something else.  And if you can't take part in this at all, there's usually a couple of people hanging out in Chat most evenings now - why not drop in and say hi? ;)

Organized Chat!

Some people have been asking for Chat-related games/quizzes/ice breakers/whatevers, so I'll have a go at organizing one.

So, this Thursday, 7:30pm.  Things will start off with an ice breaker game - Mr and Mrs.  Rules are still being finalized and stuff, but the idea is that you'll pair up with someone (preferably someone who you don't know very well), then chat with them for a few minutes over private chat bit to get to know the person a bit better.  Then there'll be a series of questions, like in the Mr and Mrs game show, that you have to answer about your partner, to see if you've got to know them any better.  The idea will be that you have to PM two sets of answers - your guesses about your partner, as well as your answers about yourself, so that I can compare.  As I say, rules are still being finalised.  (And if this fails miserably, this was LePaige's idea - so it's all her fault ;) ).

After the ice breaker, there'll be a small theme park quiz.  Questions will probably be about all theme parks and rides - ranging from Thorpe Park to Six Flags to Disney.  All a bit of fun of course, just to see how you measure up to others.  

If you'd like to take part, give a quick post so I know not to start without you.  Or, if people want to see a different time, just say - the majority may decide something else.  And if you can't take part in this at all, there's usually a couple of people hanging out in Chat most evenings now - why not drop in and say hi? ;)

I'm in

Thanks very much josh for chat last night! It was great fun despite Jason and I failing horribly on the mr and mrs game :P

The quiz was also great and although it was really hard I scored a respectable 9 in 2nd place! :)

Once again, thank you! It's great to have organised chats now and then to get to know everyone better :D

I missed it </3 

I had to go to A&E and I completely forgot about it! If another one is ever hosted, give me a shout if you could! :)

No worries - hope all is okay!  :)

Thanks to everyone that showed up.  Mr and Mrs was a bit of a flop on terms of a game, but fingers crossed everyone got to know each other a little better, which was the point mostly!  And the Quiz was a little too hard in the end I think, but oh wells.. :P

Hopefully another Organized Chat can happen soon as well :D

• 2 weeks later...

Something I just want to query/kind of put out there. Whenever I go on chat, I always open it in a new window- but this is a lot of faffing about.

Once it opens in a new window, I have to 'accept' the terms again, but then I have to click 'Send Message' for it to essentially refreshand reload the page meaning I have to scroll down and accept again(I don't have to scrolldown the first time due to the size/calibration of the page). I was more or less wondering if it happens to anyone else who uses chat? I'm not asking for it to be sorted or looked in to either, as it's only a minor inconvenience :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This week between Tuesday November 4th and Thursday November 6th from 8pm till 10pm (roughly) I will be in Chat to discuss with all you lovely people of this community on what you will like to see happen with Official TPM Trips in 2015. Eg places to go - what you will like different, how they can improve etc.

After all these trips are organised for YOU so at the end of the day what the general opinion of what should happen, should be the stuff that gets organised. I have had a few views during the year from people at meets of what they would like to see so I'd like to put those views out there in chat to see if other people agree and for other ideas to come to the table before I finalise the plans :D

I will attempt to be in and out of chat when I can this week at other times but the times above is when I will be guaranteed!

See you there!