THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Say they get it up in 2 weeks, I know there's various testing and configuring that can take months. Once that's done does it just stit there for 6 months?

Months of testing the train on the circuit, getting themeing ready, sorting out the electronics, finishing pathways and fencing, queue boards, effects. The list goes on. Building the track is the easy part.

I've managed to grab a selection of screenshots from 'Red or Black' last night with some aerial shots of the new Islands, sorry about the picture quality (ITV :) )So for anyone interested..I can upload the rest upon request ;)

Hmm, nice screen caps. Seeing as TV gameshows are filmed ahead airing (obviously) these shots are probably quite old, as far as speculation goes.Thanks for posting :)I didn't realize how big the site was behind stealth :oNow were on the subject of red and black: http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/9111-stealth-appears-in-upcoming-red-or-black-gamshow/

Posted 17 mins ago on Theme Park Guide's Facebook:

We're back from thorpe park and have LOTS of photos of track and building work on the swarm so watch out for a big update in the next hour!!!

^_^Edit: It's not just mud any more!Posted ImageCredit to and more pics at http://www.themeparkguide.biz/So we have some station structure, and apparently a large number of supports have been moved to the front of the site ready for erection in the next few days. Yay for it finally getting interesting.

We went to thorpe yesterday with theme park guide, the station foundations have gone vertical but track is still hiding behind that container. We spotted a truck with supports on site though, those should go up during the weekend. Tried to upload our pictures but this forum doesn't like picasa :) But our full update can be found here (I apologise if I am breaking any rules by posting the link).We bumped into Les Coogan yesterday, this actor was not as polite and active as the previous actors.. but he told us that 'The rollercoaster is there as a distraction and is hiding the aliens. They will come out from the lake and kill everyone'.. sorry if that has been mentioned before.

Wow nice story line ;) I'll look through the pictures when I get to my pc. I was trying to work out if 127ft would be viewable from the M3. I also don't like the way Thorpe are styleising rides and brands with capitals. THORPE PARK & THE SWARM eh

I should imagen it will be, Stealth can be viewed from the M3 and The Swarm's lift and first drop will be close to Stealth.:)

I have a day off on the 14th October so I will be going with some mates, it happens to be a Fright Nights day so when I'm not in the mazes I'll try to get a few pictures of the track, seems a while away from now but vertical construction would have progressed massively by then so I'll see what I can do :)

Great updates guys, keep up the fantastic work. I particularly like Coaster Extreame's pics, especially the one taken from up high, Detonator maybe? You can see how big the station is going to be and there is loads of track on site at the back of the tent!!!! Plus looks like still some footers to fill in, but all coming along nicely!!