THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Was a bit tiresome really when the GS people were throwing up the "We are learning from our mistakes" line on AP day this year when it wasn't exactly the first time Thorpe has had bad opening days. Terrible decision from management to get them to say that.

I'm not sure, I'd say the problems on annual pass day were very different to problems on other days

Go Merlin has another update from the 19th, but literally nothing of remote interest has changed. The only small change is that the pile driver appears to have gone, meaning the footers are probably in place/nearly all in place since then, but that's not entirely exciting is it?As Whiteknuckle said, when something of interest happens, we'll let the fanboys do the work and get back to us with photos while we all drink tea and bitch about Thorpe's older rides.

Ok guys. Imagine you are a member of the public. You walk into a theme park, Colossus, Inferno, Saw and Stealth reaching into the skies like claws in the sand. And then, a tank and a sign declaring their next big ride for 2012 greets you immediately as you enter the park. Thats more then publicity, thats a statement saying, yes we have these big rides but whats coming will blow everything else away.If you are just a normal, one day at a theme park in a year kinda guest you see this and you'd be astounded. You wouldn't be thinking "but the position of the sign detracts from the tank itself". Because apart from the minority on here, who cares. They have a BIG TANK, they have ACTORS STOPPING LES GETTING INTO THE SWARM SITE, they have a GREAT BIG SIGN FOR SWARM. This is on a scale that thorpe has never achieved in the past.I'm all for adjectivity, but criticism for criticism's sake is ludicrous.

^It's not criticism for the sake of criticism on my behalf. I'm not saying the sign is a bad thing; it's certainly a good thing for the sake of the public, as it further aids as to what on earth is going on with the tank. Personally, it could just be made a little more believable by having the sign a bit further away. After all, it would be no good saying 'Entertainment actors are operating in this area' near the Stealth area of Les Coogan, would it?