THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

For those of you that have riden Raptor, will understand how exciting this is! Raptor is so comfy and good to ride. To have a bigger one so close to home is very exciting. As always as a concept art fan, love the look so far and look forward to see how the missing faces will come into it. Good work to all at Thorpe involved with this.

I had actually forgotten! Facepalm. I must say, I quite like it! It's original, interesting, looks like it has a strong style throughout everything they're doing so far... So I'm happy as of now!But anyway, now it kinda really feels like a new coaster! W00t! ;)

I had actually forgotten! Facepalm. I must say, I quite like it! It's original, interesting, looks like it has a strong style throughout everything they're doing so far... So I'm happy as of now!But anyway, now it kinda really feels like a new coaster! W00t! ;)

Well, do you remember the SAW videos from last year? When there was meant to be thirteen mini-clips leading up to the coaster's opening date? They stopped after two... maybe three? I'm guessing that was when plans changed (SAW contract) and the poor building who terribly unfortunately got eaten by the box with the number 13 on it weren't needed anymore, so they buggered off the Towers. I hope that doesn't happen here and Thorpe actually stick to the theme religiously.

OMG The video kicks soooooooooooo much ass! Thorpe, you'd better not be lying about that 127ft drop, with that particular element and a whole lotta other good stuff this ride has the potential to rake in trillions of visitors a day!

It's going to be 126ft, but I reserve the right to be a pedant. Thorpe also claim Inferno is 115ft, which is a 20ft exaggeration on it's real height.

The shot at 15 secs in is clearly Raptor because of that broken tower is glides though ;)

Well Thorpe's version doesn't exist yet, Raptor is the only other B&M wingrider.... so why wouldn't they use it? The concept art is also the same as Raptor with changed car graphics and background images.