THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

That's why we're only staying a couple of days then driving North to somewhere a bit more interesting :angry: It is bloody typical that they would chose that day of all days to announce it.Reading elsewhere a lot of people seem to think 'War' is the name... I personally doubt very much it is, but if it were to turn out to be called War, what do you think they'd announce on the 1st?

Am I the only one who gets war against aliens from that video? Not human v human warBecause all the people running look up at the sky, and the tanks are shooting at the sky.. Not sure what the thing is at 0:06

Or they could be shooting across a long distance No Man's Land? Projectiles shot into the sky are generally launched vertically, but I suppose there's a possibility. I for one would prefer a human vs. human war with only a sci-fi influence, so to remove the realism and controversial insensitivity that would come about with the promotion of war for entertainment.

Am I the only one who gets war against aliens from that video? Not human v human warBecause all the people running look up at the sky, and the tanks are shooting at the sky.. Not sure what the thing is at 0:06

No, I posted it on the previous page. :angry: I would imagine a mini site shall launch on the 1st, possible competitions and general public release about the ride. I imagine they'll keep the mini-site updated with construction, outline a backstory and develop an overall style for the ride.

'WAR' is no crazier than 'Air', its just that we are now used to the latter. I remember that we thought 'Air' was an abbreviation for the type of rollercoaster at the time, 'Aerial Inversion Ride'. I wonder if the same could be said for this. 'Wing Rider', not sure what the 'A' could be.Moving on, I love this teaser video although if it is to do with an alien invasion, there is not one bit of theming that relates to aliens! The only possible part of this ride that could be an alien, is the one bit we have not seen yet, and that is the rollercoaster itself. Maybe more will be revealed in a week.

Hmmm, that is true. Actually it would be very cool if you did not realise that it was an alien invasion until you get inside the ride station, then it is all revealed to be something very sinister. We have not seen any of the internal theming and as you say, there could be tv screens and audio clues. But I would imagine that if this is based around aliens, then the ride itself, the star attraction if you like, would have to be the alien surely?

What about the quick questions topic which asked about the name for a new ride? asks to choose between Last Stand and Starmageddon and says the attraction will be based around aliens attacking the earth?Although some said that this competition was fake and a hoax there's a chance it could be related perhaps?If not perhaps it was a way of giving us a spoiler, or perhaps they will suprise us and add in a small ride to join the attraction?oooh, the possibilities, it is just a thought.

Starmageddon Posted ImagePosted ImageI don't think so haha! I like the idea of Last Call as the name though, WAR just seems, a bit, well, it doesn't really tell you much. It just seems like if they called it that, you would know its a WAR but you would know nothing about the details of who between, why there's a war, just that there's a war. I'd rather the idea for the theming be something like the context is an A-Bomb is set to be dropped on the place where the coaster is set, which with the LC12 artwork would suit with the nuclear mushroom cloud.

I reckon the "highlight" on the R is actually rifle crosshairs, I wouldn't read too much into it.

^ They have. I think this is one detail we might be reading too much into though - just looks like some cool graphics to me. Red is generally associated with danger sooo...

The site was quite busy today, lots of work going on. Looks like a start has been made on the station (or at least foundations) because there was a wooden concrete pouring mold/frame around the location of the station. Didn't take any pics because the weather was rubbish so I didn't bring the camera. I'm sure some will surface though.

The site was quite busy today, lots of work going on. Looks like a start has been made on the station (or at least foundations) because there was a wooden concrete pouring mold/frame around the location of the station. Didn't take any pics because the weather was rubbish so I didn't bring the camera. I'm sure some will surface though.

ooh this is getting jiggy!