THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Don't you mean the right side?It's ALL about the right side on this ride isn't it? If there's any issue with the ride, is that the balance between left and right is a tad off... Least Raptor shared it all around...

Actually Jamal is right, it will be the left - if you look at coming up on the inside or 'bottom' of the turn, the riders on the left will get stupidly close before being rotated. The people on the right will be miles away by comparison.

I blame only being up for about... 5 minutes when I posted that, my brain wasn't functioning well...To reconcile for that, another update from the Facebook Developer Diary...Posted ImageThat is a really close fit...

Just can't help thinking if that was an Intamin it would be whacking right into both sides of that support.

What I meant was that Intamin are far more known to install trims after the ride has actually been built. Silver Star is a good example of a B&M that's been modified with trim brakes, but I was referring to coasters like Expedition GeForce and Intimidator 305 etc. having trims installed after the ride has been built (I.e. not originally planned). Admittedly, I should have made that clearer. :lol:

Loving the way that support is so close to the safety envelope :lol: Looks like it's going to be a great head/foot/arm chopper depending on whereabouts you are around that area on the train, with the building being so close as well.And on the note of trims... Expedition GeForce had it's removed last year ;)Look! No Magnets, just the holders ;)Posted Image

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure B&M love their trims at least as much, if not more, than Intamin!Sliver Star Cough. Cough.

Trims are not just there to annoy you. They are not pointless. I would say they aim to make sure gets the intended ride experience but 13's first drop must have been some screw up on forces because it is terrible. For Silver Star however, the trims were barely noticeable this summer at all and made sure that the train got the right amount of floater aim time. Have you been on it?

Both B&M and Intamin are as bad as each other for trims...However, I don't recall the last B&M that required extensive retracking AND reprofiling only a YEAR after it originally opened...Intimadator 305, you ARE the weakest link... Goodbye...

Yep and all the enthusiasts over there were upset because their ride no longer had restraints that would decapitate you and that you would no longer black out. Go figure.

B&M know how to create rides with close shaves/head chopper effects, just take Nemesis at Alton Towers for example when the inline twist goes over the station roof

Well... don't stick your hand out if you're on the left hand side of the train. It will get hit or broken etc. There's close shaves, and there's keeping arm in for pure safety :lol:.As for thirteen... yeah something went wrong there... can't remember when those specific trims were added though... depends on the time as to what the reason is.

Weren't thirteen's added due to overspeeding onto the second lift causing the system to panic and cause about 20 shut downs a day?As I said, both are as bad as each other these days, but they add them for very different reasons and often Intamin's are added after the ride has opened...Besides, again like Raptor, these trims might not make the slightest bit of difference to the ride...

Just going off topic here but ive been looking at images of Wild Eagle and wondering whether it is actually taller than the Swarm. I know they say it is 210ft tall but thats measured from the bottom of the mountain. The drop is 135ft and that drops down passed the other side of the mountain. Looking at the image below, the side of the mountain is much more than 8ft high which must mean that the hieght from the top of the lift hill to the base of the support is less than the 127ft of the Swarm.Posted Image