The Swarm

JoshC.

Also, because of my Falcon Sight, I noticed that they've added a little touch to it by making lights go off inside of the helicopter now and again to look like electricity. (1:13) :DEDIT: Can we also guess that the music in that video is basically what the Theme Music is going to be? It's very good to me, not too noticeable or annoying but does make the place feel like something bad has just happened. :wub:

I was lucky enough to get to ride The Swarm on Saturday, and after Josh's very much in depth cover of everything, I'm not really sure what to say! I was also extremely lucky to get front row on my first ride, on the right hand side, and I have to say the feeling of being tipped over the track and plummeting to the ground is indescribable! The first inversion was much faster than I expected, but that did not take any kind of thrill away from it. The right side itself is just brilliant, the interaction with the theming is top notch (if your arm is long enough you can touch the water by the helicopter), definitely a top 10 ride for me. I have somewhat of a conflict over which side I prefer. Whilst the RHS has the flip over the track and more interaction, on the LHS you can really feel the elements and it just seemed much more forceful (but in a good way). I personally prefer the RHS for the drop, but for the rest of the ride I am really undecided. Whilst the interaction on the RHS is amazing, the LHS keeps you higher for longer, and I really liked that too.One thing I cannot deny is how smooth the ride is. From the moment you leave the station the ride is just pure comfort. The restraints without a doubt are 10/10. There is no jolting about, the ride keeps up an excellent pace throughout, with the train passing through the inversions just slow enough to feel the effects of gravity. It is by far Thorpe's best coaster, and a huge well done to B&M!Oh and Josh, you missed the tiny Swarm alarm clocks! They're so cute, and I'm so getting me one next week :wub:

Agree with a lot of that Sarah! The first drop just has the perfect 'pause' with the hang time - just long enough without going on a fraction too long. Just gives you a chance to look at the ground and go "Woah!" then you're gone :P And I agree on the restraints - while I could feel the collar bone issue some people mentioned with Raptor on occasion, it was by no means painful and I probably wouldn't have been aware of it at all had I not known about it in advance. Not like Saw when you hit the brakes with the restraint right in... Um... yeah.Yay for Swarm :wub:

You queue by the bag room (first batch point), are given a front row 'access pass' and then go to whichever side. You then queue a little bit more by the final batch point for whichever side, then give your pass in and go to row 1. There is no physical barrier between front row and 2-7 (not that I'm advocating playing the system :wub: ) and also one person batching nearly forgot to take my pass off me after checking it, although I imagine they'll be hot on this come opening.

Reading this topic and watching the videos has made me very excited for Monday the 26th of March. This looks like it could be one of the greatest coasters that the universe has ever known.The good reviews make this look like a promising ride. I've never ridden nothing quite like it before. Should be fun. I am excited about the fact that I am going to get to ride this ride soon enough.It looks cool