The Swarm

JoshC.

I was extremely fortunate to be able to attend the Media Event this evening, and I can say that the event was simply epic. As is the ride. Best. Ride. Ever.Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos, due to the darkness and my camera hating the that. However, I can recall pretty much every fine detail. However, I'm tired, and don't have the effort to do that now. I will, however, do so tomorrow (I assume I'm allowed, haven't been told otherwise) and will give a ride review as well. I also believe that not all effects were working during my rides, meaning that when it's all done, it should be even more epic!As said, the ride is epic, the area is epic, the theming is epic. Also heard the full YM@S song; not the biggest fan of it, but it sounds okay I guess. Didn't hear it in the area though. I also believe that all the other audio was composed by John Murphy, who's done soundtracks for films such as 28 Days Later. (That may be wrong, but I remember being told the guy who composed the music for 28DL did Swarm, and that's what Wikipedia says). EDIT: I apologise, it is NOT Murphy who did the audio. I was tired, so just couldn't remember. In actual fact it was Glenn Freemantle, who's worked on soundtracks for films such as 127 hours, Slumdog Millionaire and more. I really could go on forever and ever, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. The Swarm - EPIC!

For those that have been lucky enough to ride The Swarm before its opening day, here is the topic to discuss Thorpe Parks new rollercoaster.For those that stumble in here, there may be many spoilers in this topic. Once the 15th hits, this will be the Swarm present day topic. =)

I had front-right seat, surprisingly intense for a front row seat. The train just picks up more and more speed down the drops - and the wind in your face -yes! I also did middle-left which. whilst still VERY good, didn't pack as much of a punch.

What is it like when you go over the top bit?

I was extremely fortunate to be able to attend the Media Event this evening, and I can say that the event was simply epic. As is the ride. Best. Ride. Ever.Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos, due to the darkness and my camera hating the that. However, I can recall pretty much every fine detail. However, I'm tired, and don't have the effort to do that now. I will, however, do so tomorrow (I assume I'm allowed, haven't been told otherwise) and will give a ride review as well. I also believe that not all effects were working during my rides, meaning that when it's all done, it should be even more epic!As said, the ride is epic, the area is epic, the theming is epic. Also heard the full YM@S song; not the biggest fan of it, but it sounds okay I guess. Didn't hear it in the area though. I also believe that all the other audio was composed by John Murphy, who's done soundtracks for films such as 28 Days Later. (That may be wrong, but I remember being told the guy who composed the music for 28DL did Swarm, and that's what Wikipedia says). EDIT: I apologise, it is NOT Murphy who did the audio. I was tired, so just couldn't remember. In actual fact it was Glenn Freemantle, who's worked on soundtracks for films such as 127 hours, Slumdog Millionaire and more. I really could go on forever and ever, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. The Swarm - EPIC!

Looking forward to a review later :ph34r:

I think we can expect something similar for the Premiere Screaming. Maybe not as many actors, but we should see something quite special. As for the merchandise. There's shirts, hoodies, drawstring bags, fridge magnets, key chains, standard pens, hats, etc. There's probably more, but I've either forgotten about it, or it wasn't put out. The shop also has ice creams there. One thing I noticed on my receipt, for the pen and bag I got, is it said 'Standard Swarm pen', which leads me to believe that there's to be more pens to come, which is good, as I think the standard ones look a little cheap.Thanks for all the kind words by the way, greatly appreciated. Also, on the topic of thanks, a big thanks to the leader of Group 4, though I can't remember his name for the life of me. Hopefully I see him on park during the season, as he's a great guy and deserves all the praise he got from our group! :ph34r:

Thanks very much for the review, I'm really excited for next saturday now!One week to go for me...Also it would be good if they kept the "Evil vicar" in the station, but he could give a quick talk while people were taking there seats so that it would not lenghten the queueing time.