Knotts Berry Farm

Tom

Well it is a berry farm after all!

I still don't really understand this development, removing a perfectly good ride and replacing it with what looks to be cheap crap.

Perilous Plunge? Killed a person, new restraints causing shockingly bad throughputs Chessie would be embarrassed about, constantly breaking down... I think Knotts made the right decision...

Knew of the death but outside of that I didn't know it was that bad. Only taking it as I found it really, it didn't kill me and seemed a decent enough ride.

If I recall correctly from my visit alllll the way back in 2007 I have no images/video of the ride even operating... So it was either shut all day or I couldn't be bothered to wait around for it to run (which takes some doing)...

Basically what happened to Hydro happened to Plunge in the first place (I think, whichever one killed first the other followed), so the same issues Oakwood have with loading procedures right now were on-going at Knotts... Add in the likely lawsuit against them and they probably felt it best to remove it...

Yes the throughput on Drenched (hydro) is dire, you have to put the restraints down then they lift them back up, then you do that another 2 times and they do that again if there is a person slightly too fat for the ride, it's horrible. I think the lawsuit on oakwood has already finished and that is why it was in debt before aspro ocio took over.

Hydro's throughput is awful, but I would hate to see the ride removed as it offers a superior experience to most water rides I have been on (apart from Valhalla of course!)

I do think that it is a bit of a farce though. They check the restraints multiple times, then play you a safety announcement which lasts about a minute

• 2 years later...

GhostRider will close on September 8th for extensive restoration for Ghost Towns 75th anniversary!

GHOST TOWN’S 75TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 

In 2016, Knott's Berry Farm’s Ghost Town will celebrate 75 years of creating lasting memories for countless generations. In preparation for Ghost Town’s Anniversary Celebration, GhostRider, the longest, tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster on the West Coast, will close on September 8 for a comprehensive restoration.

GhostRider-HDR-blog-image-650px.jpg

The massive coaster features plunging drops, harrowing turns, and 4,533 ft. of wooden track. Hitting speeds of over 50 miles per hour, and looming 118 ft. over the historic Ghost Town, GhostRider even races outside of the Park, towering over Beach Boulevard. Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016.

GhostRider-guests-blog-image-650px(1).jp

In November, Knott’s will share more plans about how the park will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Ghost Town. Join the conversation on social media using #GhostTown75 for more updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Hopefully this will make what looks like a fab ride layout into a fab ride in general!

• 2 months later...