Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason for that rumour is because Universal want to expand MSHI to incorporate an Avengers dark ride. By tweaking the back part of the ride and maybe even moving it about and towards the parks entrance behind the port of entry shops you open up a lovely space.

But there's also the rumour of tearing down Dr Doom and using that space and long path that leads up to it for a huge show building. Will be interesting to see what they do, Hulks second half wasn't bad but wasn't wow so they could make it more punchy.

Don't get too hyped for Avengers yet though, it's rumoured for 2019/20 depending when the third Potter expansion happens.

Win win for Disney in a way though. Universal invest in Marvel so they win by getting guests, Disney win by getting free marketing of Marvel and merchandise money.

Apparently Creative really want to do Ministry of Magic as it looks amazing in the films so that's love to recreate that. That would go London side so USF and probably replace Fear Factor at long last.

Also more faint rumours on the expanding the Islands side into and destroying the remnants of Lost Continent but there isn't so much talk of what they would do with that.

The main reason for that rumour is because Universal want to expand MSHI to incorporate an Avengers dark ride. By tweaking the back part of the ride and maybe even moving it about and towards the parks entrance behind the port of entry shops you open up a lovely space.

But there's also the rumour of tearing down Dr Doom and using that space and long path that leads up to it for a huge show building. Will be interesting to see what they do, Hulks second half wasn't bad but wasn't wow so they could make it more punchy.

Don't get too hyped for Avengers yet though, it's rumoured for 2019/20 depending when the third Potter expansion happens.

Win win for Disney in a way though. Universal invest in Marvel so they win by getting guests, Disney win by getting free marketing of Marvel and merchandise money.

Interesting, I thought it was said that Marvel couldn't actually build any new Marvel attractions, only revamp old ones, as Marvel (and hence Disney) has/had to sign off on all new attractions to protect their brand. Otherwise Universal could of made v. cheap attractions that were detrimental the Marvel name.

The contract is the same as its always been which is basically a never ending contract till Universal cut the deal (which they'd be stupid to do). They just can't use any new characters or any characters that aren't in the contract but taking it they have S.H.I.E.L.D they can use MCU to some effect. The now almighty Marvel and in a sense Disney may have to agree any projects but they'd have to have some strong reason to deny it. Universal aren't on bad terms with Marvel, probably just annoyed they don't have unlimited use of it now its really boomed.

Ill just set my thought straight.

I either want the incredible hulk coaster to return remaining as a sitting coaster or returned converted into a floorless.

I don't want to miss out on the experience the original incredible hulk coaster gave so I don't want it to return as something that is completely different from the original experience.

So Universal have been at it again. They trademarked "Secret Life Of Pets" for theme park use. Secret Life of Pets for those who don't know is the next film from the creators of Despicable Me (Illumination) and comes out summer next year. Yay. 

Anyway, what does this have to do with the parks. Well, from some very credible reliable sources on Orlando based forums we are looking at a trackless dark ride using only animatronics (no screens) replacing the Toon Lagoon amphitheatre which just sits unused all year between Marvel and Toon. So they won't have to close anything, will be using more available space and opening a very family orientated attraction which is what the parks need. Talks are though, this will open in 2017. Crazy I know, but those are the talks. So we could be seeing Fallon and F&F at Studios, this at Islands and a water park. All while Disney might have finished Avatar by then. Oh I love the Orlando park wars! Those are the talks, a trackless dark ride opening at Islands in 2017 for the family. Nothing confirmed until its announced officially of course but these are the strong rumours.

What suits this rumour is its location. Toon Lagoon will no doubt be a big project in the near ish future. If you have SLoP on the doorstep to the area, a deal with Illumination like Universal do (Despicable Me is huge in the parks, Hop featuring in the All Star Parade etc) then maybe, just maybe we could see an Illumination area replace Toon Lagoon in some way, kinda like the mash up in KidZone (which will also be no more). Just don't ruin Popeye. Tah.

Going back to the sizing of Fear Factor to Gringotts. Gringotts is about 80,000 square feet. You can squeeze just over 90,000 square feet out of Fear Factor and the surroundings without effecting the front path so its definitely possible. 

This is crazy expansion here. Three new additions in one year is already heft but four new additions? That's mayhem!

One thing that does concern me though is, what happens when they've run out of development space?

Those things are all happening the following year

Nintendo replaces all those kiddy things in 2019

Dr Doom replaced in 2020

Potter mk3 in 2021.

Unless they buy more land, I don't know where they can go from there. Sure they've got it though.