Reserve n Ride

Marc

just go on the website, make an account and then you can book rides. Or just use it to look at queue times. They are all on cant reserve now but before that they were at , 5 hours 5 minutes, 4 hours 42 minutes, 4 hours 25 minutes, 4 hours 11 minutes. If people managed to do more than 3 mazes just using RnR then they know something the rest if us don't. 

Yeah they are all on can't reserve now, so taking it it's like that for the rest of the night now. Then if you want to go in a standby queue there will be a stupid amount of fast tracks and people using reserve and ride resulting in the queue hardly moving. So glad I'm on on park today!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

So happy I've got everything organised for tonight- RnR is horrific but we noticed we were able to reserve all day and have done Studio, Cabin and MBV and are now in the queue for SAW Alive, we've been lucky though, no more reservations can be made now- the system needs some serious tweaks if they're dumb enough to use it properly

Why would you want to reserve rides from home?

I'm sure idiots sat at their computers with nothing better to do booking rides from home are a large part of the issue! 

I doubt he did want to reserve rides from home, he probably meant how can he check the queues for reserve and ride at home.

Don't think people are reserving rides at home, as that would be completely pointless. Even if people did I doubt it would be a large part of the issue, seeing as hardly any people would be. They could only do 1 reservation at a time. 

Here we go...

I have been at thorpe the whole day and dont think the system was very good to be honest.

For a start, the system glitched out early on meaning we could book early! Brilliant..

So we got studio 13 for 3pm and cabin for 3:30pm, both times the queue for RNR was non-existence. However, when we then reserved for saw later and had to wait around 45mins to get in after the entrance for RNR. Other people in the main queue had been saying they have waited 4hours for saw today in standby queue. Insane.

We then booked again for studio 13 just before the mazes all decided to have 5hour virtual waits. When we got to studio 13 we were told it was around 90-120mins even with our reservation and around 4hours standby. Absolutely insane and no doubt are these slow moving queues down to RNR, considering the actual queue line is pretty compact just moves very slowly.

At one point all the mazes were 3-4hours standby and 5hours+ on RNR. The system started well and then just went really downhill after that.

On a side note, blair witch was 3hours when we got there 'early' at 6 despite it opening at 7, so we gave it a miss for the night as it stayed at 2hours all evening.

On a side note, blair witch was 3hours when we got there 'early' at 6 despite it opening at 7, so we gave it a miss for the night as it stayed at 2hours all evening.

How far did the Blair Witch queue actually extend to?!  2-3 hours must surely be a long way...

---

I'm extremely tired, so really can't go into all my thoughts about RnR at the moment.  Long story short though...

Ny the looks of things, it's being treated as a free Fastrack service by guests, and hence not enough people are using them.  This mucks up the quotas the park probably aimed for (giving more to Reserve and Ride guests), which causes loads of problems.  If they then tweak this, it means that RnR guests have to queue - defeating the point of the system - whilst still reducing the throughputs of the maze queues.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but Thorpe need to try RnR with no standby queues.  It will give guests the incentive to try it, and make sure that they do actually get full out appropriate feedback on the system.  More and more guests are being exposed to the system, so understand the idea behind it.  The system is okay (though does seem to have problems still, particularly with not opening at the right time).  These trials have given the park something to build - now let's see them build on it!

They couldn't close the standby queues as anyone without a smart phone today was absolutely... Did they really have no option for people without smart phones, I know they removed the card system yesterday but did they really not have a replacement. Anyone in a 4 hour queue for a maze must be absolutely furious by the end of it.

How far did the Blair Witch queue actually extend to?!  2-3 hours must surely be a long way...

The whole queueline was full plus an extra length all the way down to the entrance of loggers leap(which guests had just formed themselves). Bear in mind at this point when we asked they said it was 2hours and it had been at 3hours earlier on in the evening so I dread to think where people had actually been queueing for it...

Visiting guest services wouldn't help... They refused to let me use my priority pass on BWP despite the fact they weren't stated as ride passes and I hadn't claimed them. Every time I went past guest services however though there must have been a queue of 50-100people each time so they must have been receiving a load of complaints all night.

Looking at twitter there were a lot of complaints. I have never seen anything get so many. I was going to count them but as I went past 50 I lost count. A lot of people spending £25 of directors cut to be met with 1 hour 30 minute queues demanding their money back. Someone who waited 3 hours virtually to be met with 2 hour queue. People who arrived at 5 for the mazes ot find they had to wait 3 hours and couldn't use RnR. Interesting one I came across was someone who waited 35 minutes for guest services to complain. Thorpe Park did a lot of apologising over twitter this evening.