Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

The problem about a scare maze is that it can never be consistent. I found all of the mazes great on Thursday evening, however I can see why other do not. An actor can never consistently do the same thing, and the actors change over positions. Some people get good runs, some people get bad runs. I wish the mazes were more consistent, but it's unlikely to happen.

I would like to say before people judge, maybe try it more than once. As a first experience can be very different to a second as I know from personal experience.

Swarm was closed for about 10/20 mins but is back open now.

Tbh james with these mazes, I have done most before and I know people should judge before doing it but I feel like if I don't enjoy it the first time I'm less inclined to do it a second its like last year I did mbv once and I didn't like it and didn't do it again whereas with cite I really enjoyed it and did it 2 more times so, I know I really should base of first impressions but when its busy its all I can do...

Sorry to sound such a noob here. But...I've never done a Fright Nights before and have a few questions. 1) Are there two separate tickets for entry into the park during normal hours and then Fright Nights? 2) If not, then can I use 2-for-1 at the gate to purchase tickets? (I'm looking at going on the 28th), or do I have to book online in advance?

Sorry to sound such a noob here. But...I've never done a Fright Nights before and have a few questions. 1) Are there two separate tickets for entry into the park during normal hours and then Fright Nights? 2) If not, then can I use 2-for-1 at the gate to purchase tickets? (I'm looking at going on the 28th), or do I have to book online in advance?

1) Nope, you just buy the one ticket, valid from 10am to 10pm which will include mazes as well :) 

2) 2-for-1 tickets are valid as long as it doesn't say 'Not valid at special events' or something like that

You just have a bit more attached to the cost of the ticket, it's not like Summer Nights as it's an actual Fright Nights day rather than a separate event which happens after close if that makes sense. Unsure about using 2 for 1 vouchers though, don't want to comment on it incase I'm wrong. Hope the first bit helps enough though. 

EDIT: Ignore me, Callum just hit the nail on the head with no rambling.

Ahhh ok. I've had a look on the 2-for-1's and it's not said anything about not being valid for the 28th. This is all it says on the Kelloggs website -

Simply cut out a voucher from one of our promotional packs to receive one free adult entry for one child or adult ticket purchased. You could be saving as much as £48 with every voucher!*

Let the FREE fun begin… all you have to do is decide who to take with you. Voucher valid from 01.01.2014 until 18.04.2014 at the EDF Energy London Eye and 30.06.2015 at all other participating attractions. Must be accompanied by a separate full paying child or adult.

Today has been horrendous for breakdowns samurai all day same with rumba, saw, swarm and stealth down virtually at the same time at one point, and many e stops on the mazes so far, MBV for me was just better then S13 but I still think it's a bit rubbish hopefully CITW will perk me up lol

Today has been horrendous for breakdowns samurai all day same with rumba, saw, swarm and stealth down virtually at the same time at one point, and many e stops on the mazes so far, MBV for me was just better then S13 but I still think it's a bit rubbish hopefully CITW will perk me up lol

Gawd, that's worse than yesterday. Is loggers leap down? I really missed it yesterday.

Could be worse. At least Stealth has only been down for short periods of time today. Saw always has blips. Swarm who knows but that wasn't down for long. Rumba is just being Rumba and rubbish. Loggers was open till 5 which is when it closes throughout FN due to lighting. Samurai I can only assume has killed itself, won't be planned maintenance as they wouldn't chose FN they'd choose a week day where it is dead.

Could be worse. At least Stealth has only been down for short periods of time today. Saw always has blips. Swarm who knows but that wasn't down for long. Rumba is just being Rumba and rubbish. Loggers was open till 5 which is when it closes throughout FN due to lighting. Samurai I can only assume has killed itself, won't be planned maintenance as they wouldn't chose FN they'd choose a week day where it is dead.

Poor Samurai, it commited suicide!

Saw was down yesterday, I should know, I was on it! (I think it was the unlucky combo of me sitting on the oustide for the first time and wearing my Saw Jacket)

Happens every year SCB, samurai tries to outperform itself for fright nights and dies straight after the preview. Was on a longer setting than usual and felt slightly faster although had a bad seat. Also it received an absolute knackering from the rain while it was operating so that may have caused it to shut down. Unsure though as it seemed to be fine the whole of preview night and just didn't open up the next day...

Don't think it out performs itself. 4 hours of decent running really shouldn't mean the ride is down for a few days and if that is the cause then it really means it should leave. In 2012 it was dismantled mid September with a sign saying it wouldn't open till the 2013 season. It did open again for FN on around the 19th October that year. So that was down to something else. Last year I think it made it through the first weekend and died in the quiet week in between.