Top ten rides at Thorpe Park?

TPJames

Question

Hi all,

I was wondering what your top ten rides at thorpe park were, this is including rollercoasters, flat rides and water rides. I thought it would be fun to compare! Anyway here's mine:

1. Slammer- I love this ride especially on the right hand side, the ride is amazing and will hate to see it go. Love the feeling of free falling.

2. The Swarm- The ride has got so much more intense and forceful over the past couple of years and I really enjoy it much more than I used to.

3. Saw: The ride- I love this ride, it always feels like it has a long ridetime and I love both the indoor and outdoor sections. The elements are really fun and enjoyable and I never find it too rough.

4. Stealth- I think this ride is both short and sweet. The launch is great and the feeling of acceleration is incredible. However it's just too short and after riding Baco it feels so much less intense than it used to.

5. Inferno- I love nemesis inferno and just wish it was a bit longer. My favourite element of the ride is the zero g roll however the rest of it is thoroughly enjoyable.

6. Samurai- I love samurai and although it's really luck whether you get a good ride, when you do get a good ride it is really fun and sometimes quite intense. I hope it keeps up on the intense setting it's been on this year.

7. Detonator- I love detonator, it isn't the best drop tower I've been on but certainly is the most intense. I love the feeling of when you drop and it gets to me every time I ride it.

8. Rush- I love rush when you are on the good swing. It is fun and fast while not too Intense and you get a feeling of flying out of your seat.

9. Quantum- I have no idea why this is in the kiddy rides section, it is really intense when you get a good cycle and usually doesn't have a long queue. A thoroughly enjoyable ride.

10. Vortex- Vortex snags the last spot however I only enjoy the ride when you get the top seat. When you are on the bottom half of the ride, it is boring and I really only enjoy it when you get the high swings. I hope the cycle can be improved so everyone gets high swings.

I think it's a shame that X and Colossus don't get in my top 10 but Colossus is way too rough and painful and it's just not very enjoyable for me anymore but I will ride it. X is way too short for my liking and a lot of the time the ride has a way too long queue for me to bother to do it. However, if X has a short queue I will do it as I think the music and light show is great, the ride is much much better than it used to be but I can't put it into my top ten at the park :)

Anyway that's my top ten for you, what's yours?

13 answers to this question

1. Rush - When you're on a good circuit (haven't had a particularly bad one this year) the thrilling amounts of air time when sat in the right position is unique and always gets me. That's whai iz ma bae.

2. Saw - The indoor part still scares me, being squeamish and all. Love the outdoor part aswell, having never ridden any other eurofighter its kinda unique to me, and is amazing at the end of the day.

3. Nemesis Inferno - Because Nemesis went all #yoloswag and made a volcano. Top kek

4. Slammer - I've only ridden it this year, but still thats 5 times. So fun and I always manage to lose money and my torso always seems to free itself from the restraints.

5. X - This ride is just so fun. I want it in my garden. Yez.

6. The Swarm - This was my fave for a little while, before my appreciation for rush really grew. So smooth and that inverted drop is fun, but otherwise it's just not quite as thrilling as the others.

7. Storm in a Teacup With Kinnaird - This is the best spinning experience I've ever had. Better then Dragon's fury with just me and a fat man sitting diagonally opposite. THE SPIN IS REAL

8. Stealth - Not the greatest ride experience but oh how I love the launch front row or back row. 

9. Colossus - First time ever, this year I had a really rough circuit on Colossus. Since then it's not been as bad but I still love the quad barrel roll.

10. Tidal wave - Rarely do it anymore but when I'm with FrightNights04 or its a boiling hot day, it seems to be a good choice, and because I do it so rarely it still gets me!

Anyone who knows me well also knows how much I dislike drop towers, thus why Detty does not make the list. Quantum, vortex and Samurai would have been next followed by loggers with J.S217 :3

Like Alex, this is in no particular order but yeah:

1. Nemesis Inferno

2. Rush

3. Stealth (backrow :wub: )

4. Slammer

5. Samurai

6. Detonator

7. The Swarm (not intense enough yet</3)

8. Vortex

9. Quantum- the cycle I got in April converted me ^_^

10. Loggers provided I protect my head from the slightly stagnant lake water  :glare:

1. Nemesis Inferno - Decent little B&M inverter.

2. The Swarm - Decent big B&M wing-rider

3. Detonator - Best drop tower in the world. Seriously

4. Colossus - Don't find it rough so I enjoy it.

5. Stealth - Scary warey.

6. Tidal Wave - Nostalgia at its worst, remember the days off a proper Amity Cove, not the rubbish area Tidal Wave now sits in.

The other rides are either so generic, poorly run or just boring that I'm not finding it worthwhile putting them in a list.

Sort of in order-

1- The Swarm- dat drop

2- Nemesis Inferno- dat mist and force

3- Stealth- that top hat

4- Rush- best flat on park

5- X- nightclub the ride

6- Colossus- Thorpe's a Corkscrew but better

7- Slammer- one of a kind

8- The Smiler, I mean Saw

9- Detonator- intense drop

10- Quantum - great fun thrill ride

List could go on, but flying fish doesn't do anything without its head choppers, tidal wave is too wet for me so rarely do it, loggers just isn't the same the tunnel got chopped and Rumba, it's just there.

1. Nemesis Inferno - My first major rollercoaster and is still a well themed G-force giant to this day! But the most obvious reason is that it's older brother is my overall favourite! :D

2. THE SWARM - The nearest unique coaster to me and (similar to above) has a TON of G-force and speed! Themeing's good too! :P

3. SAW - The Ride - A well themed, exhilarating coaster experience I NEVER get bored of with an incredible queueing atmosphere!

4. Stealth -  Although I've been on Furius Baco, the speed ALWAYS gets me! Not to be ridden in the rain though... :blink:

5. Colossus - NEVER dis the Wardley classic that turned Thorpe's fortunes and threw the coaster world and the record books for a 'loop'! It IS rough most of the time...but hey!

6. Detonator - Bombs Away! - A ridiculously forceful experience that never fails to give my adrenaline fix!

7. Rush - (See above)

8. Logger's Leap - Love the airtime on the main drop...but it really is a good excuse nowadays to not ride Tidal Wave! Must've tampered with the logs recently... ;)

9. Zodiac - Also known as "Deja Vu - The Ride" for good reasons regarding it's superior G-force! (Seriously though does it ever remind you of that last flight abroad?)

10. X - A good fun "larf-in-the-dark" ride! That's it really... :P

Kind of in order, since for anything after Inferno, it very much depends on how I feel:

1)  Swarm (forwards)

2)  Inferno

3)  Swarm (backwards) and X
5)  Rush

6)  Detonator(:  Bombs Away)

7)  Saw

8)  Loggers Leap

9)  Stealth 

10)  Tidal Wave

Whilst I haven't actually ridden Tidal Wave for many years, I think it's sheer spectator value gives it a Top 10 spot.  Thorpe Park wouldn't be Thorpe Park any more without seeing the huge splash, hearing WWTP Radio or seeing the theming.  

1) The Swarm - the drop never get's old, the themeing is great and so are the near misses (the vest restraints do tighten and get a bit annoying though).

1) Nemesis Inferno - when the mist is working in the tunnel  :wub: and the helixes/turns are so forceful  :).

^^ both are re-rideable to an extent although (onto my next point) less so now that they're getting so much more intense over the last year or two but that's the fun of it while still being smooth!

3) Rush - literally love this ride, especially when they don't push my restrain down, and doesn't make me feel sick at all! (would be first, but due to it being a theme park, ride cycles are too short).

3) Vortex - when sat in a good seat, so much fun! (would be first, but again short ride cycles and being worried you're not sat in the right place to get a good ride at the top every time.

5) Stealth - probably most intense ride in the park for me, I do love it along with the airtime, just too short though, and the launch is only special on the front row.

6) X - great fun rollercoaster, plus I love club music and lasers/lights so it's just amazing.

7) Slammer - never really appreciated it until I rode it twice last visit and loved it both times, but just has god damn awful throughput.

8) Loggers Leap - the double drop is just :wub: and is wetter this year which makes it better, but gutted the dark tunnel drop has gone as it makes you realise how small it is.

9) Detonator - considering I used to think this ride was pointless, I've now actually come to appreciate it, and make sure my restraint is loose for the best ride  :).

10) Saw - is a really great ride with decent themeing, just it's roughness really ruins it for me!

Missing out on top 10, but worth a mention is Colossus, as it's a great fun ride, but I have serious issues with the restraints and leg room, causing me to panic and lose some of the enjoyment of the ride!

1 - Stealth. Never ever ever gets boring.

2 - Inferno. Keeps on improving with age.

3 - Swarm. Forwards only! Can only imagine how good those rear seats could be now.

4 - Slammer. Such an experience, when it's open.

5 - Colossus. Great ride let down by seating and restraints.

6 - Tidal Wave. Such a spectacle to watch and fun to ride.
7 - Detonator. Great punchy drop.

8 - X. Better than it has any right to be, immensely reridable.

9 - Dodgems. Much fun.

10 - Loggers. In such a sorry state, but still a decent flume.

Would want to include Quantum, Samurai and Vortex, but they are all well beyond knackered to be of any use. I'm always surprised by the amount of rush love there is around, it's alright, but doesn't really do it for me.

1. Dodgems. Yep.

2. Stealth

3. Saw

4. Nemesis

5. Detonator

6. Samurai

7. Swarm (It's the silly tight restraints that ruin it </3 )

8. Rush when it works at it's best

9. Loggers Leap

10. Vortex is alright I guess...

Tbh I much prefer Towers over Thorpe in recent years. Alton Towers has that wonderful, British atmosphere, and world class rides. Oh and Hex <3 Thorpe Park just doesn't feel magical like it (kinda) used to? Probably just me.