Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I hope they do use screens. Rides like superman and transformers at Universal are the best dark rides I have been on and need a ride like them in the UK and I think even Europe

We've got Ratatouille which is a pretty awesome dark ride by anyones standards (even if US Disney fans aren't big fans). I welcome our screen based overlords.

What's with the hate for Doctor Who?

Also, screen based rides can work amazingly, as Mark has already pointed out, Ratatouille is a fantastic example of this, purely because of the quality put into said screen work...

Of course, we could end up with Wonder Mountain Guardian, which is the opposite end of that spectrum in general screen based dark ride quality...

I personally love Doctor Who, and my 9 year old son adores it. This would be a great addition for the park and would certainly help draw the family element into the park. It's pretty much one of the biggest IPs they could get. Still, a bit early to speculate what it is I suppose.

With all due respect to the people that like it, personally I find it to be a really really stupid show. Sorry. I wanted something either fantasy or horror

inspired.

I'm the same way as you. Really hate Dr Who... Sure some people will love it but can Thorpe pull it off. I'm hoping for horror or original theme aswell.

As much as I would like a Hunger Games ride, I don't think it would really work due to the storyline. However, I think a ride based on the Divergent Trilogy could. After recently watching (most) of the film, I think the concept of the trains travelling around Chicago (a big part of the film, unlike the HG's trains) would be a good way to transport riders. I know that Alleigiant Part One will come out in 2016, so the franchise won't even be finished by the ride's opening and its not on the same scale of popularity to The Hunger Games, but I could see a Divergent Trilogy ride working.

As much as I would like a Hunger Games ride, I don't think it would really work due to the storyline. However, I think a ride based on the Divergent Trilogy could. After recently watching (most) of the film, I think the concept of the trains travelling around Chicago (a big part of the film, unlike the HG's trains) would be a good way to transport riders. I know that Alleigiant Part One will come out in 2016, so the franchise won't even be finished by the ride's opening and its not on the same scale of popularity to The Hunger Games, but I could see a Divergent Trilogy ride working.

The film has a massive long zip line doesn't it?  That would make a good ride.

I know a dark ride will be a very great addition to the park and something that has been needed since Witches burned down but only if they do it well. Personally as someone who is 18, thrill lover and doesn't go with family I wanted a new coaster haha. Don't get me wrong though if they can make the dark ride like the quality of Transformers at Universal It will be amazing as transformers is one of my faves. But I really did want a good RMC or traditional wooden coaster around Canada Creek using the BWP and old train station and the start finish point.