Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

After doing two of their attractions in Denmark, I would have no feelings either way on this matter... Like, there is some reasonable quality to it, but it depends on what the park does with surrounding theming, since the Ghost Train at Tivoli Friheden was hilariously awful as a result...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, a good park is somewhere I can just stand and feel happy and immersed, without even being on a ride.

This. As I was saying elsewhere - I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I was completely blown away just standing around in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

Similarly - the Simpons Land area's attention to detail was just as impressive at Universal... and at Epcot too, to be fair!

Spiderman screens are 9.6 metres in height ...... 

Just a fun fact for you there.

Far fetched, but...

If the ride vehicles were timed correctly, could you not have double height screens but used twice from two levels? So a car on the ground floor would use the screen with video clip 1, then as soon as that car turns away, a car (which is further through the ride course) on the floor above could use the screen with a different video clip and from a different viewpoint?

Surely they can't build the building and then secretly deliver the ride and install it through the entrance? We must be getting something a little more conspicuous soon. Unless the ride is actually just walking around a building.

They've fenced off next to bush BBQ connecting to the access road. Diggers have been going through it for the last few days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Justice league battle for metropolis is being cloned another two times this year.

The animation on that ride is pretty awful, but it is still a really solid looking new take on the shooting dark ride.

Perhaps we will see this ride system implemented, it is essentially spiderman with less force ..... and laser guns.

With the change of banners on the signs around the ride, I'm convinced they changed their mind about the theme half way through the project as "there's a dark secret coming" and "minds wanted" sound like two very different slogans, and the style of posters is also different.

It may not be a theme change to be fair. It might just be that they decided to use a different slogan. We can't know for sure how connected the 2 banners are until we know more about what's going on. I doubt they had a huge turnaround or anything considering they haven't seemed to slow down construction or seem behind schedule.

Anybody watch this weeks Click on BBC News? There's a segment on there about Europa Park and their 'virtual reality rollercoaster on a rollercoaster' project. Basically you wear a VR headset while on the ride (it was a coaster similar to runaway mine train at Towers) which gives you some funky views while riding like pink flying dragons and the track being constructed as you run along it etc., you know the kind of stuff previously reserved for hippies smoking pot in the 60's :lol:

Personally I think augmented reality (or whatever it's called, the one that mixes VR with reality) would be way better, but I liked the concept.

For some reason WC16 immediately jumped into my mind while watching....

With the change of banners on the signs around the ride, I'm convinced they changed their mind about the theme half way through the project as "there's a dark secret coming" and "minds wanted" sound like two very different slogans, and the style of posters is also different.

They are still using the dark secret idea on the Minds Wanted website, and they'll hopefully keep with it.

Original advertising boards are more there to just tease fans more than anything else. Look at Smiler's original advert boards - they just had DNA spirals on them, which doesn't really got in with its current theme.

I don't think it's anything to worry about to be honest. :)

I'm convinced they changed their mind about the theme half way through the project as...

No way in this world is that the case. The theme of a dark ride is absolutely integral to its design and success, they would not be committing millions without a very clear vision of the final product and with everything required signed off. That is obviously very different to a bloody great coaster where the theme will always be secondary, and to an extent expendable without too significant an impact.